VI - Three Days

From afar, Wang He Di watched as the venue slowly filled up with Shen Yue's supporters who were all eager to meet her. He was extremely careful not to be recognized, so he donned normal-looking clothes and a long-haired wig to hide what he said was his "dashing beauty".

He smiled in his little corner as he witnessed her precious smile when she went out on stage and was surprised with how many people turned up for the event. And though he was far away, he was one at heart with the joyful crowd as they clamored for her attention.

The program was already finished and the fans were now lined up for the photo op when he was elbowed by somebody. He screamed in pain but immediately deflected so as not to catch anybody's attention. He could only curse under his breath when a girl's voice whispered "Oops, sorry" to him.

"Did you have to elbow me? Really?" he sounded pissed.

"I said I'm sorry, okay?" the girl replied. "Now can I please stand in line?"

"I told you we need to wait until everyone's done. You'd have to be the last one to snap a photo with her and get her signature," he said. "That way—"

"—it'll look official and I wouldn't get any flak online for getting this photo with her even if I didn't pay for it. Yeah, yeah, I get it," she finished his sentence.

"Good."

He proceeded to watch from the distance as she met her fans one by one. Her eyes lit up with elation as she shook hands with them, in some instances even pausing to look them in the eye when they seem to be telling her a story. She would laugh, too, whenever they would show her cute fan arts, and she enthusiastically answered all of their questions.

He knew how much her supporters meant to her because when they were still together, she would always be excited to read their letters. There was a time when they were supposed to be "just chilling out" but there seemed to have been no end to the letters that she was reading that he got upset. She didn't even try to pacify him, and later on he realized he was being mad for nothing.

To be honest, she was the one who taught him to appreciate his fans more. Didi knew he was nice to his fans and he cared for them, but Yueyue was an angel compared to him. She loved her fans. She treated them like family and talked to them like friends. She gave them food, she hugged them and she always told them to take care of themselves. She made him realize that "fans" are human beings too just like them, and not just people who waited for them at airports to take videos of their post-flight dizziness or have them sign photos.

"What are you doing?" the girl asked.

He answered her with a puzzled look.

"I heard the little story that you told her best friend and Xize when we were at the birthday party," she said, understanding what he meant by his look.

"No you didn't, you couldn't have. You were on your phone the whole time and we went outside," he answered, eyes till fixated on the tiny woman onstage.

"Uhm, sir do you know the concept of multitasking? And did you really expect me to stay put in there? Alone?" she asked sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes to spite her but still didn't engage with her fully. "Yes, okay? But you couldn't have comprehended it. Not with your divided attention."