Chapter 15: The Ball

Harry said yes! So we're going to the ball together now. We're kinda acting like a couple, but not too much tho - we certainly don't want to make Draco jealous. Although I want to make Snape jealous...

I have a beautiful emerald green dress and my hair is curled and pretty. Glen helped me to do my make up, even though she's still a little mad at me. Chris is going with her but they say they're just friends. I think there's something between them but they just want to keep it private or something.

Harry looks cute in his cool suit, but he doesn't look hot the way Snape does. We walk into the great hall that is already filled with people. I see Snape hanging out with Dumbledore and Mrs. Conagall. Seems like Snape is staring at me but I start walking to another direction with Harry so that I won't have to see him.

"Where's Draco?" I ask Harry.

"I'm not sure... He said he wouldn't be coming here at all", he replies.

"You know it's his father's fault, right?"

"Yeah, of course. But still. Sometimes I feel like... Draco is a coward."

"Well, he kind of is."

"Do you want to dance?" he asks and I nod, so we start dancing. It's a slow song and it's very dark in the hall, but I can see Glen and Chris dancing and they're so close to each other that it almost seems like they're kissing. They look so cute. I get a little closer to Harry.

"What are you doing?" he asks nervously.

"Don't worry. You said Draco's not even coming, he's not gonna find out about any of this." I don't know what the hell I'm doing, I just know I'm very desperate for Snape's attention and also that I'm VERY stupid.

I close my eyes and kiss Harry's lips. He stays still but then pushes me away gently.

" Y/N, stop. Aren't you dating Snape anyway?"

"We broke up", I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Why did you brake up, if I may ask?"

"He was just annoying and... It's complicated."

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Oh God no, it's Draco Malfoy.

"What... What are you doing here?" I'm panicking.

"I chose to come here after all, and then I saw you two kissing each other."

"I guess you saw wrong then", I say.

"Leave my boyfriend alone, you mudblood!" Draco yells.

I gasp. "You've told me it's just your father who is a death eater... What... How dare you call me a mudblood?"

"How dare you steal my boyfriend?"

"I didn't steal him, I just kissed him, that's all."

"Just kissed him? My father will hear about this."

Harry looks at Draco and asks: "Are you sure you want your dad to know about this?"

"Oh wait, you're right. Well, my father won't hear about this but I will ruin your life. I can assure you that."

"I'm sorry", I murmur and turn around just to accidentally run to Snape.

"I see you're having boy problems", he says.

"Yeah. Me and Harry are dating."

"Alright." He stares at me annoyingly but also... his look is turning me on.

"You told me to have a boyfriend my own age, right?"

"Yes I did. And now you're doing it, great job, ten points to slytherin."

"You are very funny, professor Snape."

He says something but I ignore him and walk out of the hall. I almost start crying.

Great, now I don't have any friends who are not mad at me. Draco hates me. I lied to Chris and Glen. And I left Snape. Now I have to spend my evenings on my own thinking about death, just like Moaning Myrtle.