I Almost Got Ran Over

Melanie's POV

Since the events of last year Nancy , Jonathan , Steve and I had become somewhat a group .

I never thought I'd be hanging around in this group but I had to admit it was a lot better than when Steve and I was friends with Tommy H and Carol .

Steve had already left the house most likely to pick his 'beloved' Nancy up and there was no way I was catching a ride with them being all lovey .

I heard a car pull up outside and grinned when I saw that it was Jonathan .

"One year left to go Johnny"

I said grinning as he groaned most likely at the fact we had one year left at Hawkins High but it wouldn't surprise me if he was groaning at the nickname I used more .

"Don't remind me"

"Well on the bright side you get to see Nancy there"

I knew Jonathan loved Nancy it was obvious but she was with Steve and I bet anything Nancy has something for Jonathan aswell .

This is also why I like Nancy the least In the group because I know either way someone I Care about would get hurt .

It would either be my best friend Jonathan or my little brother Steve . Well technically I'm only older by 10 mins but the words 'little brother' just sound better .

I was pulled out of my thoughts as Jonathan pulled up in a parking space outside Hawkins High .

I stepped out of the car and barely moved out of the way in time as a fast car came zooming into the place next to me almost running me over .

A red headed girl who looked around 13 climbed out of the passenger seat before getting on her skateboard and skating down the path leading to the school .

My attention then switched to the guy who almost ran me over . He had a dirty blonde mullet , blue eyes and damn he was fine but that didn't change anything .

I noticed most the girls of Hawkins checking the guys ass out .

The guy was stood right in front of me considering the drivers seat parked in the place where it would be right next to where I was stood .

I frowned as he winked at me . Seriously? He almost ran me over .

"A apology would be nice"
I muttered loud enough for him to hear .

Any smirk or grin that was on his face disappeared .

"A apology for what"
He said gritting his teeth .

The look in his eyes was as if he wanted to murder me right here .

"Well you did almost run me over"
I snarked .

"You shouldn't have stood in the way then"

"Or maybe you shouldn't have driven your car so damn fast"

"Most girls wouldn't complain there usually just happy I'm in there presence"

"Well I'm not most girls and I'm certainly not happy that your in my presence"

"You will change your mind"

"I think not"
I snorted .

With that the guy walked into the building .

I turned around to speak to Jonathan who happened to be nowhere in sight . He was probably talking to Nancy somewhere .

****************

I made my way to my first lesson of the day which happened to be Biology .

I sat down in my usual space at the back of the classroom where nobody seemed to sit next me .

Steve and Nancy was sat in front but that's about it .

My attention was focused at the front of the class when the teacher said

"No no no your not getting away that easily"

Billy looked rather annoyed at the Biology teacher for making him introduce himself in front of the class .

"What's your name ?"
The teacher asked .

"Billy"

"Right Billy there is a spare seat next to Melanie"

The teacher pointed towards the only available seat left in the room which happened to be the one right next to mine .