Chapter 2// Let Me Talk To You

He stares at me with hatred in his eyes and his nose flares. This was a bad idea to go downstairs. I should have just stayed in the damn room. I turn around and I quickly go upstairs and into my room. I grab the phone and the first thing I do is call Lucas. I don't know why him. But I just do. He answers it after one ring.

"Hey, can I rant to you real quick?"

"Uh. Yeah sure."

"Alright so a few months ago I did something and my brother got mad at me because of that and it caused something and now he hates me. He unfollowed me on all social media. Wouldn't answer my calls or texts. We drifted apart. I have apologized so many times and he still hates me. He just got here and I went downstairs and he looked at me with hatred. No smile or a hey. I don't know what to do." I fucked up.

"Try talking to him?" I sigh.

"He's not gonna listen."

"You won't know until you try."

"Trust me. I've been trying and nothing will get him to listen."

"Try again. Explain why you did it."

"Alright, I'll try again."

"Good. Has anyone texted my phone?"

"Let me check." I put the phone on speaker and I go to messages. Nothing. "I checked and there are no new messages."

"Okay, thanks." He sounds sad.

"Are you okay? Why do you sound sad?"

"You remember when I told you I was going to Georgia?"

"Yeah, I remember."

"I'm visiting Lana my girlfriend and she is supposed to be picking me up and I've been waiting for an hour."

"That's strange. Do you want me to text her?"

"You don't have to. I can just wait." I click on My Queen.

"Too late. I'm already texting her." I hear him sigh.

Me: Where are you?

My Queen: What do you mean?

Me: You're supposed to be picking me up from the airport. I've been waiting for an hour.

Me: Did you forget that I was coming to see you?

My Queen: ... Of course not. I'm just stuck in traffic.

My Queen: I'm almost there.

Me: Okay.

"Your girlfriend seems suspicious."

"What makes you say that?"

"I asked if she forgot I was coming and she said of course not. I'm just stuck in traffic. I'm almost there. Doesn't that sound suspicious?" Seems like she's lying.

"I don't see anything suspicious about that."

"Okay. Maybe I'm just overthinking it."

"Yeah. Maybe." I know I'm not overthinking it.

~~~

I stayed on the phone with Lucas so he wouldn't be waiting for his girlfriend alone. I learned a lot about him. He's a good person to talk to and he's very entertaining. He can be annoying at times but other than that he's a really fun person. He was telling me something until I hear a squeal. He stops talking.