Chapter 22

I apologize this is a day late becuase I really didn't want to give you guys a longer than usual chapter and not have it edited.

Caroline on the right>>>

Chapter 22

I peered at Jason wearily as he gripped the steering wheel with something fierce, knuckles white and veins prominent. His eyebrows were narrowed and eyes remained straight. I was dying to break the silence after he practically dragged me into the car and sped away, practically ignoring my presence.

After a couple more minutes of looking out the window, I decided to break the silence. "You're not gonna shut me out again are you? I mean - we're gonna have to talk about this."

The sound of my voice must have snapped him into the presence because I saw a vein visibly jump in his hand. He took in a breath. "No, I'm not shutting you out," He reassured.

"You're not shutting me out?" I repeated.

"No I'm not. Remember what I keep telling you Riley, I want you and my son safe."

My heart fluttered at the sincerity and determination in his voice and at this moment I was reminded once again that he would probably do anything to prefect his family. I didn't know if the thought made more scared or gratified.

"How did she know where we were?" I asked curious because we hardly left the house for the three days he's been with me.

"She has money," He replied simply. And if was very clear and black and white. It was a simple logic, with money came power.

"So not only do we have to worry about your father, it's her too?" I knew the question would only make him worry more and drop more items onto his plate but I had no choice but to voice my fears.

He sighed long and hard, pulling beside the house. I watched closely as he dropped his head on the steering wheel. "I think I should deal with everything today, rather than tomorrow. It's still a bit early. I'll go speak with my mother."

I felt my body hit the pack of the seat. "You're leaving again?" I felt my voice crack and I tried to swallow down the lump that suddenly formed in my throat. God not again, I don't think I could do again. My heart pickened up and I felt myself visisbly start shaking.

His gaze flickered to mine and he sat up, reaching over to pull my body closer to his. " Babe, listen I'm not leaving," He said, reaching for my hand and interlacing them.

"I'll be back in two or three days, I cross my heart. I just- I need to fix this."

My body relaxed slightly at his words and an idea suddenly popped in my head. I looked at him with wide eyes. "I wanna come with you," I voiced.

His eyebrows furrowed. "What do you-"

"I mean I should come to your house and then you should invite your mother over. It would be the best time for her to meet me. Don't you want to show her why you did all this anyway?" I suggested.

Something flickered in his steely eyes. "This is not your fault no matter how nonchalant you make it sound. I was going to find a way to break up this arranged marriage anyway."

My heart softened. "I know. I know, I'm sorry," I said and reached my hand out to stroke his hard and sculpted jaw, watching as his facial features visibly melted in my palms. "I just think it's a good idea for us to do this. I would like for our child to have a grandmother since my mother.." I trailed off.

"Okay." He pitched immediately.

I fell my mouth lift. "Yeah?"

He nodded, leaning in to give my mouth a peck. "Anything for you," He whispered against my mouth and I grinned wide.