Seeing the Stars (Denkijiro)

It was getting late at the UA dorms and very close to curfew. Kyoka was in her room finishing up her homework while listening to music, it was what she did every night before getting ready for bed. Denki, on the other hand, well he was anywhere but his room, today however he was walking around knocking on peoples doors to see if anyone wanted to do something.

"Come on Mina, it's not even curfew yet, plus you are the only one left of our beautiful Bakusquad family I have to count on!" Denki called to her from Mina's closed door. "Well, I have plans to sleep tonight Denki, surprise but guess what? Beautiful pink Alien queens like myself need their beauty rest too." Denki tried to think of a way to bring her out of her room, but that pink princess isn't going to move a bone. 'I have one last person I can try, my other other other other best friend!' He took the next couple of steps to get to Jiro's room. He got a sudden feeling of nervousness, but he didn't know why it was just Kyoka, his close friend. He brought his hand up to her door to knock but paused,  'Why is this harder then normal? Why can't I just knock?'

Kyoka closed her notebook and smiled, 'Oh man I love this song, I can wait for this song to finish before getting ready.' She started to beat her pencil to the beat of the song, grabbing another to join in. One song, then she was going to turn in, but that one song gave enough time for a knock on her door, which she didn't hear until a second, louder knock, came along. "Give me a sec!" She called out because taking her ear jack out of her phone, then moving her phone to her charger. She went to the door and opened it to see Denki standing there, "Yo Denks, what's up?" He was really the only person she gave a nickname too, he was her closest friend so why wouldn't she.

"Hey there Jiro, I don't want to sleep and Sero, Bakugo, Kirishima, and Mina all decided that sleep was important so are you willing to take on the great case of Denki Kaminari's case of energy?" He was pretending that his nerves were like how they normally are, calm and collected but they weren't at all. Kyoka laughed a little and then looked in her room, "Give me like a minute, I just need to grab a few things then I know exactly where to go to help you out a bit. "Got it, I will wait here for the lady to get her marbles back in order."

'Jiro, the last time he called me that was back before summer break, why isn't he calling me Kyoka or some stupid name he decides on right before he sees me?' She tried to act like he hadn't called her Jiro, maybe he was tired but just didn't feel like sleeping and so thinking of a nickname was to hard, and then he didn't process enough to call her Kyoka. 'Yeah! He's just being Denki Kaminari the idiot' she the blanket on her bed and some outdoor shoes before heading out of her room. "Ready idiot?"

He paused to look at her, 'Wow has she always looks like this? Or did she like do something different with her whole look? She just looks... beautiful.' He looked at her in the doorway of her room, she was wearing a band T-shirt and a pair of jeans, really  nothing different then her normal look, she was simply her but Denki had the feeling like he was seeing someone completely new, "Yeah, Wait where are we going?"

She gave a little laugh, "two the roof, I want to look at the stars." She motioned him to follow her up to the top floor, and he did. 'He's being really quiet, and weird too, what's going on with him.' Once they reached Tsuyu's room, Kyoka knocked on the door, "Hey Tsu, mind if I go through your room again? I have Denki this time though, hope that won't be a problem!" Kyoka turned to Denki and gave him a wink, he blushed a bit but she didn't notice, she turned back to the door to fast, after a moment the door opened a bit. "Jiro, you used my room last night, this can't happen every night." She still let them in. Kyoka Wales right to the window and opened it, "Just follow my lead Idiot, I've done this many times!"

"Got it 'Yoka, I will follow you!"  He walked through Tsuyu's room and got to the window and jumped out right behind Kyoka, following her every step. They went to a flat part on the roof and Kyoka laid the blanket that she was holding on the roof and sat down, looking over to Denki with a smile. He smiled back, taking the moment to just enjoy her beauty from afar, walking slowly to sit next to her. "You come out here often? Just to look at the stars?"

She laid down looking up at the sky, because they were in a city Stars were something of a surprise to see, that never stoped her though, "Yeah, it's hard to find them at first because of all the light pollution but when you find one, it gives you a feeling of accomplishment, and plus sometimes it's nice just to get away from everyone at night and just listen to the songs of the city." Denki sat up for a moment before following her lead on laying on the blanket. He looked up at the sky, "Yeah I see your point, I can't see any stars." He keeper his eyes on the sky for a bit then, he turned his head slightly to look at Kyoka. He smiled it was just him, her, and the sky. Something so was beautiful about that, the simple things like finding stars in the sky or the music she listened to made her so happy, she acts so tough and cold but really he knew that she really was just a teen girl who loved looking for stars.

Kyoka pointed up to the sky, "Look I found one!" She smiled, the feeling of victory came to her once she saw it. "I win Idiot, I found the first star!"  She looked over at Denki not moving her hard from pointing at the star. "Wait you didn't tell me that we were racing to find the first star!" She let out a little laugh, "Well you should know that it was going to happen, because I always beat you, always." She gave him a smirk, then she saw him blush, 'That Idiot, that's why he called me Jiro.' She looked away quickly, her face stared to heat up a bit. 'But you know just because he feels that way doesn't mean you feel that way about him Kyoka, so stop with this pink face crap.' They both stayed quiet for a while neither of them looking at each other.

He moved his hands from resting on his chest to the sides of his legs. "Hey, Yoka, Thanks for bringing me up here, is actually nothing like I expected to do tonight. And I really wouldn't want to spend tonight with anyone else... but, I think I need to tell you something."

She took a deep breath, knowing fully well that this would come up and she herself would have to be truthful to him, and herself. "Yeah Denks, what's up?" She began to fiddle with her ear jack. "I think you are... you're pretty and like I think that I, well you know, that I like you."  She stayed quiet for a bit, "I know, I think the feeling is mutual, I think."

                                       •••