Prologue

"There ain't no rest for wicked! Money don't grow in trees! I got bills to—"

The black haired girl remained with her head drawn out the side of the corvette, sighing sadly as she listened to the roar of cars passing by as she carried down the highway with her father in the driver seat, singing along with the song coming through the radio.

Her emotions were mixed from being slapped into this new world, with almost no knowledge of what was there, and no knowledge of what was to come at them. And for what? Just a vacation from the home she called Hell.

"Roscoe, c'mon darling, you love this song!" The man in the driver seat wrapped his arm around her daughter, pulling her right up against his side. "I'm not in the mood." She mumbled as he pulled over to a little gas station, turning down the music to talk before getting out and putting in a gas pump into the tank.

The black German shepherd in the back seat barked happily as he licked Roscoe's head, making her grimace. She scratched his head to get him to shut up, which made the dog thump his tail against the seat happily.

"Since when is Roscoe Morningstar, daughter of the devil, not in the mood for some singing." Roscoe didn't respond, only crossing her arms and huffing as she glanced around, trying to get used to the sounds around her in order to navigate in this foreign world. She heard her father get back in while he waited, and he wrapped his arm around her again.

"Oh, Ross. Don't look so glum. This is a new start for us...no more torturing, punishments, screams, the sight of—" Roscoe gave him a look. "You know what I mean." Her father said as he hugged her a little tighter. He sighed.

"My point is, this is your opportunity to become a new person, something other than those bafoons you listened to down there. The human world has lots to offer, and we have hundreds to thousands of years to start exploring it. Just you, me, Cerberus, and our new ride here—" She heard her father pat the side of the car as she glanced up at him after hearing his head shift down toward her.

"—against the world. What do you say, princess?" He asked as he got out, taking out the pump and tossing it on the ground before closing the tank. She smiled slightly while Cerberus barked when he heard the sound of the gas station door open and the yelling of a man. "Hey, dude, you gotta pay for that gas that's—" Roscoe drowned out the voice as she nodded.

"Then let's raise hell."

Her father grinned and while burning rubber and speeding off, tossing a lighter onto the spilling gas. The clerk stumbled back as the gas erupted in flames, staring in horror as it started to burn everything.

"Cerberus, Lucifer and Roscoe Morningstar, partners in crime once more!"