Chapter 1

(Alex's POV)

   I sat on a couch in the orphanage playing on my 3 ds while the little kids were playing duck duck goose besides one little girl. "Hey Lili, why aren't you playing duck duck goose?" I asked. "Well, the other kids always push my down and hit me when I get picked, and I'm the only one who gets picked. It goes, me, other kid, and then me again!" She frowned. I hugged her and handed her my 3 ds. "Play with this for now." One of the girls my age came up to my from behind I was about to slap my head, but I caught her hand before she could. "Everyone! Get out of a 10 foot radius of Alex and Liza! Some stuff is about to go down!" A jerk named Preston screamed. Lili squinted her eyes and got up. "Lili, just stay where you are," I said. All the kids formed a circle around me and Liza and I twisted her arm. "Owe!" She screamed. I punched her stomach and sat back next to Lili. Everyone ran into their little social groups again and I watched Lili play Mario Cart. "Hey! I won rainbow road!" She giggled. I high fived her. "Alex, please some in here," Ms. Wednesday called me in her office. I walked in and then said, "look Im so sorry about what happened with me and Liza I just—." "Oh, Well. You and Liza are going up against each other to be adopted into the Wayne family," Ms. Wednesday smiled. I was shocked, I had my bag packed already, I just knew I would miss Lili. The next day me and Liza were driven to the manor. "Everyone Introduce yourselves," Bruce wayne said. "Hello, Im Jason," a man with a white streak in his hair said. "Im dick," another man said. "The names Tim." "Im Damian." "Samantha." "Hello, Im Keiran, but call me Keira," A beautiful girl smiled. She had black hair and blue eyes. "Everyone else, if we choose you, you will meet later," Bruce smiled. "Now children Introduce yourselves," Ms. Wednesday smiled. "My names Elizabeth but you HAVE to call me Liza. Ill give you about a thousand reasons why you shouldn't adopt him. He still has a 3 ds, not a Nintendo switch, either way he is totally lame! His best friend is a 3 year old! Like what 13 year old hangs out with a baby? He knows how to fight, like really well! He punched me in the face yesterday just because I was about to slap him! I think you should adopt me because... Well Keiran and Samantha look ugly and stupid and Im pretty and smart so—." "I have an IQ of 120, you sound like you have a brain the size of sand grain," Keiran Rolled her eyes. Liza was about to punch her but Keiran kicked her and pinned her to the ground. "And in his family, everyone knows how to fight." She got off of her and stood up like it didn't happen. "My name is Alex, and My best friend is in fact a 3 year old. I do know how to fight. My parents and family died in a fire so I cherish my 3 ds because its one of the only things I have left of them. The other ones are my dog Hades, and cat Athena," I smiled. "I think I better go with Alex," Tim giggled like a girl. Tim signed the papers and we went back to the orphanage. Neither Liza or me knew who was getting adopted until this thing the orphanage does called "Adoption night" where you see who gets adopted. Me and Liza sat in front row but Lili still got to sit next to me. "I know you hate it here but I hope you don't get adopted so we can still see each other often," lili whimpered. Lili was like a little sister to me so I would miss her but I really needed to get out of the orphanage. Ms. Wednesday pulled a piece of paper out of a hat(the papers all had the same name on it but it was better for the reveal. "Alex!" Ms. Wednesday smiled. I ran into the boys dorms and packed a bag. The next day I was driven to the Wayne Manor while everyone but Tim was asleep. "They'll wake up soon," Tim smiled. A man in a suit came over and greeted me. "Hello Master Alex, I am Alfred Pennyworth," the man smiled. I shook his hand and sat down. "Morning Alfred!" Keiran smiled. Gosh! She even looked pretty when she just woke up. "Good morning Keiran," alfred smiled. "Oh hello Alex, I'm glad Tim chose you instead of that brat," Kieran giggled. I laughed with her. "Oh is this Hades and Athena?" She asked referring to my animals. I nodded in reply. Athena went over to Kerian and she pet her. "Shes so cute!" Keirna said. Damian and Samantha walked downstairs, followed by Dick, Jason, and Bruce. "Good morning everyone!" Bruce smiled. "Good morning Father!" Kieran stopped petting athena. Everyone walked into the dining room/kitchen where they all got out pop-tarts. "WHOOOO ITS POP-TART TIME!" Tim screamed. I got a wild berry pop-tart from the box an ate it. "Tim did you enroll Alex into Gotham Academy?" Samantha asked. "Yes, he has almost the exact same schedule as Keiran, except he has art instead of vocal," Tim answered. Keiran smiled at me and then ate cereal. "Do you not like pop-tarts?" I asked. "The only flavor I like was the Cinnoman one and Everyone refuses to go to the store to get them, and it's not like I can just go. Alfred was given this week off because of all the hard work hes been doing!" "Oh well, Bruce is very nice for doing that," I smiled. "No I did it, with Father's permission of course!" Keiran giggled and took another bit of her frosted flakes. After everyone was done eating they put their plates and bowls into the sink. "Keiran could you show Alex to his room?" "Oh sure Tim!" Keiran walked out of the kitchen and I followed. "So what was life like in the orphanage?" Keiran asked. "I hated everyone but a little girl named Lili, she was heartbroken when she found out I was getting adopted. Shes like a little sister to me!" Keiran frowned at the fact that I wouldn't get to see Lili again. We stopped at a door that Keiran then opened. The room was amazing and I found out that Keiran's room was next door. "I'm next door, so if you need anything I'm just a knock away!" She smiled and handed me a box of things. "So you can have all of this, father said it was his stuff when he was younger, there is also a phone and laptop in there!" I nodded and entered my room. I placed the box on a desk and started up the laptop. "STOP DATING HER DAMIAN!" Samantha screamed. "Look I think you both should stop—." "SHUT UP KEIRAN!" Both of them screamed. "YOURE THE ONE WHO'S DATING MY BEST FRIEND!" Screamed Damian. I went out there and saw them fighting, but not normal fighting. No they had swords!

Word count- 1231