Ch12: To be or not to be Blue

"I have work to do, you can stay as much as you need until you recover." I left without looking back.

It was a boring day at work until three men wearing black came and asked for her, now her face was all over town and everyone knew her name she was a fugitive apparently, her father is on trial and she cannot travel or leave until they finish the trial and determine her final colour. When she left she broke the law.

If he was convicted of murder she will be a RED at once but if not he will pay the penalty for his other crime he committed and he will be eliminated from the task force. He deserved to be punished but I did not think she deserved such a severe punishment. I decided to testify, she was not that bad to me and surely she did not deserve to go to jail because of her father's sins.

I came back to find the house as usual but that was the problem she was not there. I tried to forget her, erase her, and move on but I couldn't my heart is insubordinate. I looked around she was not there; she left like she arrived suddenly and faintly. I found a letter on top of it was the ring.

She kept my ring; the one I proposed to her with all this time. My heart rebelled I became certain she still loved me. I was too angry to notice her sincerity, What an Idiot.

Fate insisted on giving me opportunities but I always managed to lose them, I won't this time. I called Emerald and told her to help me we needed to find her before the officers and most importantly before anyone recognized her. I knew she was heading for a bus station and the nearest working one was in the city.

I got a call from Varden "She did not reach the city I told my people if they saw her to call me not the enforcers." Scenarios played in my mind.

I climbed the nearest building and decided to look for her from up there it would be much faster anyway. Emerald let me enter the world of green when she taught me about the roofs. Green building were close to each other and linked together through small bridges. We would wander through the night together but now it will get handy in finding Leila.

There she stood only minutes away from an officer oblivious to that fact, she was going to get caught I slid through the stairs hoping I could catch her and I grabbed her hand and forced her into the building the officer was right about to pass so while she was going to scream I pinned her to the wall stared into those hazel eyes and kissed her. She suddenly stood still in shock until I stopped. She opened her eyes and when she looked at me, she pushed me away.