Obsession's Plan

*trigger warning* 

Julie's Dad rushed into the rec center screaming for his daughter. "JULIE!" He had heard Jewels' alert through the pack link as he arrived and knew at that moment that they were too late. Still, he didn't want to accept that his daughter was gone and he ran through every room following her scent. As each room failed to produce his daughter's whereabouts or point to where she was taken, his heart broke just a little bit more and his breath became a little bit harder to take. His fear that his baby girl was in the hands of a madman tore at his heart.

"I'm getting a stronger trail heading to the cafeteria." Said a sentry along the pack link.

Julie's Dad ran towards the cafeteria and he could pick up Julie and Stacy's scents and then he growled as Nathan's scent mixed with theirs in this space. He could smell her fear and Nathan's triumph in the scents that converged here. There was also the rancid scent of rogues. He growled over the idea that Nathan and whoever was helping him now had his daughter.

"I followed the scents to a blocked door. Looks like they created a passageway to get in and out of the center." The warrior said as they caught up to him. Julie's Dad and Alpha Brian tried to open the door but even with their enhanced strength, it wouldn't budge

"This was well planned. My guess is this door goes underground. That's the only way to get around our sentries." Alpha Brian commented. His eyes then took an unfocused look as he relayed instructions. "All warriors, be on the lookout for Julie, Stacy, or Nathan's scent trails. They will be mixed with rogues, so follow every trail you find."

"Do we notify Midnight that she was taken?" The sentry asked.

"I don't want to worry them if we can get her back quickly, but if it was me, I'd be furious that nobody told me. Let's see if we can find where this passage leads before we notify them," Alpha Brian said as they left the center to look for the passage exit.

The pack warriors spread out from the rec center to locate the passage exit. Half the group transformed into their wolves so they could follow the trails better. Rogues had run cover trails all over the woods, masking any direction they tried.

"They must have taken her clothes and ran with pieces of them all over. Her scent is everywhere and we can't get a direction. " A warrior reported after following easily found trails, all leading to dead ends. Frustration was running high as their search produced no results. Julie's dad was ready to rip everyone to shreds and his wolf was in full agreement. Whoever took their daughter would pay dearly.

"News crews are arriving. They've gotten wind that kids were kidnapped." A wolf notified Alpha Brian.

"Damnit, who told the press?" he growled. That was all they needed, press coverage. Brian took a big breath as he tried to get a handle on his temper. He knew nobody in his pack would have said anything, and the human parents knew the pack was taking care of things as their children hadn't been the ones in danger, so they wouldn't have said anything. His hands fisted and he realized the rogues must have tipped them off. This would provide more cover in all this confusion.

"Alpha Brian, is it true that rogues broke into the rec center and kidnapped some seniors?" The reporter asked, shoving a microphone into his face. Alpha Brian took a moment to look at the nameless reporter and get his measure.

"And who are you?" He asked.

"I"m Micheal Mathsen, from KPTV news. We got a tip that someone broke into the rec center during the senior all-night party and kidnapped a couple of students. Do you have any comment to make on this matter?"

Alpha Brian regarded the annoying man and answered carefully, "I can't confirm any details to you yet as we are still investigating what happened."

"Why haven't you called the police, shouldn't they be handling the investigation?" The reporter asked.