Chapter 3-Yumena

I ate silently listening to Saki-chan, Arisa-chan and Tohru's conversation.
"I heard once that when a girl tried to hug him, he pushed her away and was shivering..." Arisa-chan said. I looked towards Sohma-kun. I could feel that he was keeping a distance from everyone. I wonder why...
"-na."
"-mena."
"Yumena." Arisa-chan was calling me.
"Y-Yes!!!"
"Haha. You were spacing out."
"O-oh. S-sorry..!" I sweat dropped.
"It's ok! Let's go back to our homeroom!" Tohru took my hand and dragged me along. That night, we walked back home after finishing our jobs. Tohru seemed really tired. I insisted on carrying her bag for her but since she refused, I forcefully confiscated it.
"T-Tohru...a-are you alright?"
"...Yes! I'm fine!"
"Really?"
"Yes!" Her sentences were short and it seemed like she was conserving her energy. We reached our tent.
"I n-need to do the worksheet..." Tohru mumbled.
"I'll do it. You go to sleep."
"No! It's ok!" She crawled out of the tent. Worriedly, I started to do my worksheet when I heard a fit of laughter.
What?
I crawled out of the tent to see Sohma-kun and his cousin.
"Hello, Miss Yumena." He smiled to me.
"W-What?"
"Oh. We just happened to pass by when we saw your tent. Would you care to come with us to our house?"
"Uhh...sure?" We walked to the Sohma family's home. We then, sat around a table.
"I thought is was weird. All the land around here belongs to Sohma..."
"I-I'm s-sorry. But...please...lend us that place for a while...I...don't have much money but I'll pay. P-please...We'll g-get our of that place once the renovations a-are done..."
"There's no need! Anyways, t-there's no way that two high school girls can live in a tent anyways." Shigure told Tohru laughing.
"Oh. You finished laughing at last."
"Don't worry! I've gotten used to sluuuuuuggggsss!" Tohru fell to the ground.
"Tohru!" I quickly checked her temperature.
"S-she's burning up!"
"We'll have to treat her immediately." Sohma-kun went to get the first aid kit below the television. We then, heard a wolf howling.
"See? There was a landslide nearby." Shigure-san said.
"How did you know?" Tohru had the look of curiosity in her eyes.
"It's wild intuition!" He seemed proud.
"And? Quit fooling around and can't you tell us where it is?" Sohma-kun asked seriously.
"Maybe...it was where the tent was." Tohru joked.
"No way~!" They laughed together for a while.
"And?" We walked to the site of the landslide.
"M-mom!" Tohru teared up and fab to the mud. She started scratching at it with her hands. I stood there unable to move. I shivered. Sohma-kun came to comfort me.
"It's alright. It's going to be alright..." His calm words did its job in soothing me.
"Tohru-kun. We'll come dig it up in the morning. Your mother would be in even more pain if you were to get hurt." With that, they walked back to Shigure-san's house.
"Should we go too?" I looked back at the mudslide one more time before nodding. Sohma-kun led me back to the house. Once we reached, Tohru had already gone into her futon.
"I lost my home again..."
"Does it hurt?"
"No. I know things...that hurt more..."
"What is it? Can you tell me?"
"I-I couldn't say goodbye to my mother. I stayed up all night with Yumena studying for a mini-test. We ended up not being able to say bye. That hurts the most. Even if we get a bad score and even if our house blows away, the one that we had to treasure was our mother... I'm stupid...I wasn't planning on going to high school...but...mother was talking to Yumena about how s-she couldn't experience being a high schooler and that she wanted us to experience it...that's why...I can't lose to a cold like this..." With that she fell asleep.
"I didn't know..." I jumped feeling Sohma-kun's voice next to me. "She's smiling all the time at school..." Shigure-san smiled to me. "Yumena-chan was it? Yuki-kun will go get you some clothes to change into. Go follow him. With that, I followed Yuki-kun into Shigure-san's room. He somehow had lots of female clothing. Sohma-kun picked up a piece of clothing and examined it.
"...That pervert!" He said quietly. "Wait a little here please." With that he walked down. I could hear several footsteps and the word 'pervert' before Shigure-san came in.
"I think that sleepwear will suit Yumena-chan if you ask me." With that he gave me a revealing outfit. "It's only for a little while." He said and escorted Sohma-kun out of the room in order for me to change. I quickly changed into the pajamas feeling a little exposed. I then got out of the room to see Sohma-kun and Shigure-san staring at me with blushes on their face. I suddenly became even more conscious of myself and tried to cover myself up unsuccessfully.
"You don't have to cover yourself up! Yumena-chan, you look really pretty!" Shigure-san said.
"Y-yeah! You look really cute!" Sohma-kun added. I blushed.
"Well...Tohru-kun's asleep already so you'll have to sleep with one of us. You're more than welcome to sleep with me~"
"No. She'll come with me. You're too dangerous. Good night Shigure." With that, Sohma-kun took me to his room.
"I'll sleep on the floor so you can sleep on the bed." He smiled.
"No! I can't do that!"
"It's ok!"
"No!" Like this we continued to bicker but none of us gave in.
"Fine! We'll sleep on the bed together!"
"Absolutely not."
"It's either I sleep on the floor or we sleep on the bed together." I smiled.
"F-Fine...w-we'll s-sleep t-to-together..."
"Great!" I plopped onto the bed. "Good night!"