0

February 15th
1955
flashback*

"geo, that's cheating", Annette whines  while stomping her feet, "what do ya mean, there's no rules to hopscotch?", younger George says laughing, "well then how come I kept on falling over?", Annette suddenly smiles, "I don't know love" George says lifting her up from the ground, "eww, love", Annette says poking her tongue out acting like a 5 yr old, "what, that's what I hear me dad say to me mum", George says, "well it's a funny name to call someone" Annette replies. "Annette, George, come on inside now!" Annette's mother yelled from inside her house, "c'mon geo", Annette grabbed George's hand and they run inside.
————
"Now George, your mother is coming over now for dinner, so if you'd like to go upstairs in Annette's room", Annette's mother Scarlette says, "ok mrs. Jones" George says smiling, the two young teens race up the stairs into Annette's pink painted room, "c'mon geo, can you please play me that song again", Annette says grabbing her small acoustic guitar and handing it to George, "what song?", he says scratching his head, "you know the elvis one, please Georgie", Annette says pushing him slightly, "ohhh that one" George says getting his small, delicate fingers in place of the chord, he then slowly starts the strum to the beginning of can't help falling in love with you, (ok I know elvis probably wasn't a "big thing" at all then but I'm adding a lil twist), George refuses not to sing the words because he was shy, especially infront of Annette.

After the song ended Annette clapped her small hands for George and yelled encore, "that was amazing Georgie, I just wished you sang the words" she says hugging him, "ew get off me, girl germs!" George exclaims, Annette scoffs and says, "yeah well boys have cooties" poking her tongue out, they both go silent and then burst out with laughter, "why are we so immature?", Annette says smiling, George just laughs and shakes his head.
Silent was held in the room after a few moments of Annette and George just sitting there quietly, "y'know George, I can see, you are going to make it somewhere, somewhere big, you're gonna have a band and everything", Annette says shyly, George smiles and says, "thank you Annette, I know that you're going to be the prettiest actress there is and star in all of the big movies", silence falls between the younger too once again, "you should get that cute friend of yours, Paul to come over sometime and play with you" Annette suddenly says, "ew Annette, why do you like Paul?" George says scrunching up his nose, something that Annette would truly admire him by in the future, "well he's a handsome one isn't he geo", she say back giggling, George rolls his eyes and smiles lightly, "don't get any ideas", "ya what!?", she says crossing her arms, "why can't I have any ideas, hmm geo?", she raising her eyebrows, George goes a pink colour in his cheeks. George has always been Annette's best friend since 3rd grade and he somehow developed feelings for the short brunette. "George are you gonna answer me", Annette says waving her hand infront of him, he snaps out of his thoughts and says, "well, he's a player, and if he hurt you who knows what I would do", George says softly, "aww Geo, what would I ever do if I didn't have a best friend like you", she says smiling, George winced a little at the words 'best friend', but he knew right now this wasn't the time to her his feelings especially with a junior dance coming around the corner, she probably has her heart set on Edison Wallbracker, the so called "charmer", of the school, George knew that he just had to wait.
————
"George, your mother is here!", Scarlette yells from downstairs, the two quickly run down the stairs to smell the sweet scent of apple pie, Annette's mother was never really a great cook but one thing that could never fail was her baking, especially her sweets.
George walks up to his mother, Louise and hugged her, "hello Georgie", she says squeezing her son, George scurries out of his mother's grips and says, "mum I'm thirteen, you can stop calling me that", Annette giggles and walks up to Louise, "hi mrs. Harrison", she says politely hugging her, "oh dear, you know you can call me Louise", she says hugging her back.
George and Annette place themselves across from each other at the dining table as Scarlette brings her pie in, accompanied by Louise, they both seated themselves and we dug in.

————
"So Louise, I'm going to the mall tomorrow and you and George are welcomed to come, it's a bit hard shopping with miss, over here", Scarlette says whispering the last part, Annette turns her head and shoots a death glare but then turns back to George who whispers, "I wonder why it's so hard", "lay off Harrison", Annette says rolling her eyes, "yeah that sounds good, actually Georgie needs some new outfits, y'know he's getting such a big boy he's growing out of everything", Louise says to Scarlette, Annette slightly giggles as George groans loudly, "same with Annette, she also needs some new bras and briefs as well", Scarlette says back to Louise acting as if her daughter wasnt there, Annette chokes on her piece of food as George starts laughing, "mum, I don't think we should do that type of shopping would suite George's liking" she says choking on her food still, "oh don't worry darlin, I mean George May as well see all of the clothing young girls wear it may be good for him" Louise says rubbing George's shoulder, George repeats earlier of what Annette did, choking on her food, Annette's eyes widen as her friends mother spoke, "m-mum no way", George says getting his breath back, "uh, no George I've made the decision and we are going tomorrow", his mother says proudly, George groans and Annette copies as she is annoyed as well.
it was gonna be a fun day for the two tomorrow....

hiii,
So this was like a little backstory before I actually start the real thing which is the next chapter, enjoy!!