Annabeth

That night, Annabeth had trouble sleeping. She couldn't help but think of another Titan war. After the awful one that they fought last year, in which so many innocent lives were taken. She couldn't believe she'd let herself get so excited over something that wasn't guaranteed to work out. But most of all, she was worried about Percy. She didn't want him to turn out like Luke. Another loss like that and Annabeth wouldn't be sure if she could move on. After many hours of tossing and turning Annabeth finally found rest.

~

Then next morning, at breakfast, everyone was gathered anxiously at the dining pavilion. Annabeth yawned and rubbed her eyes, still sleepy. "What's going on?" She asked Piper, who was standing by Jason. "Word from camp Jupiter has come." Jason said. "A prophecy has been given." "A- a what?" I asked, thinking I must still be half asleep. "But Apollo..." I started. "That's just the thing, we don't know who the prophecy is from." Said Piper. "Alright, alright, listen up everyone. I heard Dionysus say. And everyone scrambled to get to their cabin's table, including me. "The rumors are true." Last night we received a new prophecy from Camp Jupiter, about the Titan war." There where some gasps and hushed whispers from around the room. "Now, Chiron said, "Dionysus with the prophecy, "Ah, yes- prophecy." Dionysus said. And everyone went quiet. "Five demigods must go north, to bring fourth the golden king." Everyone waited. "That's it?" Annabeth heard Travis Stoll yell from across the room. Dionysus gave him a look. "Well, yes." Chiron cut in. "As I said. This prophecy is quite different from our previous ones." "Well who will go?" Annabeth heard Lou Ellen yell. "That is to be decided this evening, as for now, breakfast has begun. So everyone began the typical sacrifices and began eating. People chatted around her, meanwhile, Annabeth's head was pounding. Another prophecy? She thought. Already? She tried to keep her hopes up that neither she nor Percy or any of her friends would have to be be involved. But 'not being involved' tended to be very difficult for demigods. She finished her breakfast and went to her cabin to clear her head. A few minutes later, she heard knocking on her cabin door, she looked around her to make sure no one was there, but everyone was out doing their daily activities, so Annabeth got up and opened the door. Piper stood in at the doorway. "Hey, she said "we should talk." So Annabeth let her in and they both sat on Annabeth's bunk. After a few seconds of respective silence, Piper said. "Your upset." Annabeth was shocked, but she tried not to show it. Piper shrugged. "I'm a daughter of Aphrodite. I guess I'm just good at telling emotions." "It's just- Annabeth started, but got choked up. "I-I don't want another Luke." She said, a tear tricking down her face. She wiped it away furiously. "Hey, Piper said. "It'll be ok. You are a strong girl Annabeth, and I know that." "You know you're a great friend right?" Annabeth said. "Yeah." Piper responded, and they both laughed. "Anyway, I have to get going, Nico said he wanted to meet me at his cabin... something about important news..." Piper said. "Okay, well I'll see you later." Annabeth said. And with that, Piper hugged her, and walked out.