Chapter 31

Soomi's P.O.V

A week had passed since I had been ill.

Seokjin had made sure I was recovering well, making sure I was drinking enough water, eating nutritiously and even ensuring I was getting an adequate amount of sleep.

One thing I would never have guessed about a gang member was that they'd be so caring.

Meanwhile, I had also returned to school.

The science project was going horribly.

Ryōma wasn't contributing anything to the project, and whenever I had planned to meet him in the library to work, he didn't show up.

Eventually, I had enough and little did he know, I switched partners.

Lee Felix had the same issue with his own partner, one of Ryōma's minions. Therefore, I had the genius plan of swapping partners so that Ryōma could be with his friend, whilst I could work with Felix.

Felix and I got on surprisingly well, and were fast friends. In the midst of working on the project, we also discussed gangs. I learnt that he too was new to the gang scene, causing us to bond over similarities. We even laughed about both of our failures at fighting in the Underground.

"Soomi-ah, we'll be back soon! Take care of yourself!" Taehyung's voice shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

The guys had been called to take care of a few other gangs appearing on their territory. I had eavesdropped earlier and found out that it was taking place in the Underground. Many gangs came together to attempt to form alliances, but regularly with little or no success.

Tonight, they would either make new alliances or new enemies.

I had asked if I could come with them, but my request was shot down. It didn't matter though, as I was promptly scared off by Yoongi telling me about the nastiest things he had witnessed down there on nights like these.

"See ya!" I yelled back, sitting up on my bed.

I huffed out a sigh and grabbed the tv remote, turning the volume down on Netflix. Hoseok's Netflix to be exact. I hacked into his account whenever he wouldn't give me the password, even though he let both Yoongi and Jimin use it freely.

I pushed the blanket off of my legs and took my phone off of the charger. I hated being alone in the penthouse at night, especially when I knew that the whole building was practically empty.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed, my bare feet hitting the cool wooden floor. Just as I had stood up, my phone started to vibrate.

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at the contact name.

"Hello?" I spoke, brushing a hand through my hair.

"Soomi-ah, Chan and the guys just left for the Underground. You're still coming, right?" Felix talked from the other end of the line.

I resisted the urge to scoff. That was the last place I wanted to be. "I can't. Besides, I told you I wasn't going earlier at school." I replied, putting my feet into a pair of slippers.

"Come on, live a little. Bang Chan told me it was too dangerous for me to tag along too, but I don't take no for an answer." He spoke, rather confidently at that.

"Exactly, it is too dangerous. Yoongi told me that one time, he saw a guy get his 'you know whats' sliced off in the underground." I told him, my eyes wide with sincerity. "What if it's your 'you know whats' getting sliced off next?!" I exclaimed, genuinely panicking myself at this point.