James

(But with Steve's Helmet)
There's an author's note at the end of the chapter that is very important!

One by one my team and I wiped those Hydra bases off the map. We've grown closer to each other, we're basically a family. Every wound or near death experience only made our bond closer. Right now we're off duty for today but we have a big mission tomorrow morning. James and I are at a base near Italy, so naturally we decided to come visit the city. We walked along the cobblestone pathway hand in hand.

"I'm so glad we have time to ourselves away from the war." Bucky said.

"Yea me too...I mean yes, we were together and bonded a lot more but, I want time outside of that. Time to be free of having to look over your shoulder hoping there won't be someone trying to kill you." I say.

He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. "That's not going to happen to you. Because you're not dying, not before me."

I took the hand that was around my shoulder and kissed it. "Well you're not dying before me either."

"Well I guess we're not dying then. We are officially immortal." He joked.

"Oh ha ha. Very funny." I said sarcastically. "Let's not talk about that."

"What do you want to talk about then?" He asked.

"How about our future? Let's say we actually did pull of this whole thing and win the war. What would our lives be like?" I wondered.

"Well I know one thing's for sure." He smiled.

"What's that?" I asked smirking.

"We'd be happily married. Maybe even have some kids." He imagined.

I chuckled a bit. "I'd want two. A boy and then a girl. So then she'd have her big brother and her daddy to protect her."

"And she'd be just like her mother. Brave, beautiful, intelligent. Doll I could go on for days." He said. I just smiled and starred in his dreamy eyes. We shared a short little kiss and continued walking.

"How'd I get so lucky to have ended up with a jerk like you?" I asked.

"Blame Courtney Crimson for tripping you that day." He smiled. "She's made you Mrs. Barnes."

"We're not even married yet." I said in confusion.

"No, but we're in engaged." He said getting down on one knee in front of me. He took my left hand into his. I gasped putting my hands over my mouth. A tear escaped and ran down my cheek. He smiled all the while and pulled out a beautiful yet simple wedding ring.

"Y/N M/N L/N

"Y/N M/N L/N. Ever since I've met you I knew we'd be something great. I first fell for you in the eighth grade, that day you jumped into my arms at the lake. You were so kind to me and nothing less. On bad days you'd come to me and wouldn't leave until I cracked a smile. When I was sick you'd come and care for me. You were always there through everything. I was too afraid I'd hurt you or that you wouldn't like me because you're my best friend and I didn't wanna ruin anything we had because I treasured it so much. I still do. But now, I can see that we were meant to be and I'm not letting you go because I love you so much. I'm with you till the end of the line doll." He said.