📖 Prologue 📖

That was me and Ramadan, I was barely a year old

That was me and Ramadan, I was barely a year old. The portray was depicted by Artist Peniel Enchill. My mum had her own copy in her room, same as Ramadan. Then a bigger one was placed on the sitting room's wall.

I often used to wonder how I loved being around Ramadan, I would cry if someone other than him, mum, or brother Mahmud attempted to carry me. Those three were my role models.

My grandmother, Hajiya Aisha was my enemy number one. She used to call me Tsohuwa, which means old woman in Hausa. She said I was too smart for my age, and that the real Umaimah whose name I was given reincarnated as me.

I would scream whenever she called me tsohuwa, and she would quickly cover her ears with her hands due to my piercing voice. Mum, however would only smile and shake her head.

People used to say I would grow to be a newscaster because of my sharp voice, and because I could speak for Africa, but brother Mahmud and mum believed I would one day be a lecturer.

This is just a prologue. I would jump into the main story in the next chapter, starting from my first day at school. However, I would skip the places I can't remember. Thanks for reading.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

A/N: Most of the pictures in this book are sourced from Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and other social medias without the authorization of the sole owners. Report to me if you find your picture and you're not okey by it.