Chapter 5 - Happy?

The person that pulled me away from the door few days ago was my elder sister, Nadia. She came unannounced and pulled a prank on me. "Aunty Nadia!" I had screamed about hugging her when my eyes jammed with her bump, she was heavily pregnant! Meaning there wouldn't be hugging this time around.

"Come on baby, we can still hug but gently, please..." she had said with a stretched hands and a broad smile.

"Okey" I had said and hugged her.

My mum was happy to see her, same as Ramadan and Nanny Safiyah. We had lunch in the dining and also a long discussion. She told us alot about her new home, she was very happy.

Today was Friday. Aunty Zubaidah didn't come to school, it was Uncle Bayo that represented her in the class. I was very happy that I would be so comfortable in the classroom since there would not be glares from her.

"You," uncle Bayo said pointing at me. "Remind me of your name, please"

"Umaimah Ramadan Lawan" I said.

"So your father is the one marrying your class mistress right?" He asked.

"Yes" I nodded. Nanny Safiyah had told me everything but I didn't care!

"Why then did you come to school, or don't you know today is the wedding day?" He asked wrinkling his brows.

"I also don't know. My mother said I should..." I was saying when he cut in.

"It's okey, baby girl... I understand" He said as he began writing on the white board with his temporal marker.

We had our lessons, and when it was time for break the bell was rang. You know I didn't use to bring food except money, right? So I went to the cafeteria and bought a Donut and Yoghurt.

"Maimah, is this you?" Sally Ambrose said as soon as she saw me in the cafeteria. One thing I hated so much about her was her habit of begging even though she used to bring food.

"Yes" I said rolling my eyes.

"Okey, cut me your Donut" she smiled.

"I won't!" I whined.

"Please na" she said feigning sadness.

"I will not" I said as I quickly stood from where I was sitting and began running.

"Maimah, please just small... I won't ask again" She said running after me.

I circled the playground with her until I started getting tired... So I ran back to our class, thus kaboom! I collided with uncle Bayo. My yoghurt spilled on his white kaftan hence, spoiled it.

"Sorry, sir" I implored.

He glared at me for a moment before flexing the muscles of both ends of his mouth. "It's okey, I know who to punish" he said watching Sally as she ran away.

...

Ramadan didn't come to pick me up today, and neither did my mum. It was nanny Safiyah who came with a cab and took me home. There were so many new faces allover our house, they all came to grace the wedding...

Nanny Safiyah took me to my mum in her room, and there I stayed until in the evening around Magrib when people started announcing the arrival of the bride by chanting and yodelling.

My mum and I walked out to see her, she was surrounded and her face was completely covered. Thus, she was walked into one of the unoccupied rooms in the mansion. I wanted to explore more but my mum held my hand. "You're not going anywhere, Umaimah"

That was how we stayed there looking around like CCTV camera with some other visitors until Ramadan walked in with his friends, some in kaftan while some in police outfits. The whole place started yodelling and chanting again.

"Come, lets go back inside" My mum said as she turned about to leave.

I wasn't happy at all, I was so much enjoying the whole thing and now what? Leave? I couldn't object her though. As we were about going back to the room a woman smirked. "Balqis kenan, kishin naki ne yayi yawa haka? I don't know people like you with so much jealousy like this" the woman mocked my mum but she didn't even bother, we went back inside and few minutes later Ramadan bounced in with a Salaam. I was the only one that responded, "Wa'alaikumus Salam".

"How are you, my little princess" he said referring to me as he sat close to my mum on the bed with his native attire, well adorned and smelled good.

"Fine, daddy!" I said switching on my kiddy pad. I had been using it ever since I returned back from school.

"Balqis, I thought we discussed about this?" He said with a calm voice.

"Discussed about what? Me inviting people? How can I? You said it is just a simple marriage, so..." My mum said.

"It's okey, my Queen. So how are you? Do you need anything?" He said.

"Yes," she said and I could hear her voice changing. "I need you, Ramadan"

"It's okey, my Queen. You have me" He said to her and then turned to me. "Baby, can you please give us some minutes?" He asked referring to me.

"Okey, Dad" I happily said withdrawing from the bed with my Kiddy Pad.

"Don't go far, please" He cautioned.

"Okey, Dad" I said and left to the sitting room. People kept looking at me wherever I go. Some would call my name while some would just hiss. I wanted to see the bride so I walked towards the room she was taken to.

The door wasn't locked well so I peeped through the open space and saw her on the middle of the bed surrounded by some of her friends, mostly teachers in our school. "Where is Ramadan? He should come and settle us with kud'in bud'an kai oh!" One of them said.

"Ramadan? I saw him entering his other wife's room. What's even her name, remind me please" Another said.

"Balqis?"

"Yes, Balqis. He just entered her room and only God knows what will happen. I just pray he shouldn't come here tired and disappoint our friend" she added.

I kept peeping until someone in my back tried to snatch away my kiddy pad from me. I quickly turned and pushed the person away. It was a boy and a girl that appeared to be his sister, they somehow resembled Aunty Zubaidah.

"What are you doing here?" The girl queried with her smelly mouth.

"I came to see my classroom teacher..."

"Oh, our mother is your teacher in Galaxy?" She said in bewilderment.

"Yes" I muttered about leaving when she grabbed the kiddy pad from me.

"My brother needs it" she said.

I didn't even know when I slapped her, collected it and ran away. She screamed and chased me, nobody interfered. I ran to my mum's room but it was locked, thus I ran to nanny Safiyah's room. A glare alone sent them away.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Uhmm, another chapter dropped!

Please read the rest on HiNovel.com (by simply downloading their app and searching for the book using my username: KingMoha) Thank you.