10

AUGUST, 2018

AUGUST, 2018

͛͛

ariana said hello to the fans who were in the small room watching her on the zach sang show. her and zach began to joke around until things finally settled down.

"this past year, what has been the biggest piece of knowledge you've been able to learn or take from anything," he asked.

"life's too short," she said hesitantly, "you know, just—that." she said, "be grateful, be pure, trust happy impulses," she finished.

"and how has that affected your daily life?"

"i don't know, i mean, i've been way more honest lately. like i don't ignore rumors or things my fans say like i used to. i've been more chill, and just me. i finally feel like myself," she answered.

"what brings out that happiness?" he asked.

ariana so badly wanted to say tom, but she couldn't, "um, i think just personal growth, um i spent a shit ton of time in therapy last year. i totally recommend therapy if anyone's going through anything. music, helped a lot, and friends. spending time with friends i felt like i was able to pull myself back if that makes sense," she finished.

"speaking of friends, you recently went on instagram, being truthful that you and tom currently aren't friends right now. i'm not going to get into any details or anything, but do you feel that there's a responsibility on you to be honest about that sort of thing? like about yours and tom's relationship?" he asked.

ariana shifted awkwardly in her seat, "no—i don't feel like—i try not to take into account what anybody wants from me, you know? i try and just be authentic and be myself. if i feel like doing something, i'll do it, if i feel like saying something, i'll say it," she said avoiding mentioning tom. she hoped they could drop the topic of tom, if they were to talk about him anymore she'd probably get really emotional.

"how is this album different than the other's you've put out?"

"um, this one's more about the lyrical concept. i spent a lot of time thinking about the lyrics and what to say. you'll get to see a side of me you haven't really seen before, i guess?" she said.

zach began to ask her a question but all she was able to hear were the fans laughing, "oh my god what did i miss? what are we laughing at?" she whispered.

"how pretty your ring is!" they said back.

"oh my god," she said making a face, "no, oh my god, no," she said.