Chapter Thirty-Six

Stood in front of the full-length mirror, Rose admired the beauty of her wedding dress. She did a little spin like a young child in a princess costume would. It had been a long time since she'd felt this beautiful, her wedding dress as an eighteen-year-old bride hadn't been this ornate – just a simple long white dress from a clothes shop. This dress was a major upgrade and she felt stunning in it.

Aine was stood behind her, tears in her eyes, "Oh darling, you look wonderful! You've picked a smashing day for it too!" she told her daughter. Aine could see how beautiful her daughter looked and she was so proud to be stood there experiencing a day she never thought she would be able to see. The weather outside was a lovely sun filled day, the birds outside were chirping loudly and rain wasn't expected.

"This colour really does suit me!" Said Rose admiring the pastel shade on her skin tone. Everyone in the room agreed with her. Her dress looked even nicer than when she'd worn it in the shop, since Rose had lost a lot of weight since the wedding dress shopping day – the dress fit her better and it clung onto every curve of her frame. The bright sunlight shone through the window, bouncing off every shiny surface it could find. Including the diamonds in her earrings, making little rainbows appear over the wall near her.

Rose could see her mother fishing around in her pocket, "what are you looking for?" She asked.

"I've found it!" Aine said as she brought out her wand and, also in her grip, she had a silver bangle which dazzled in the sunshine.

"This was my mother's bangle, Rose. She might not have been the nicest of women, but I would like to create some new memories with this beautiful piece of jewellery, it deserves a new start with a wonderful woman. You" Aine told her daughter, slipping the bangle on Rose's wrist.

Turning her wrist side to side to admire the silver bangle and its clear stones, it felt wonderful to move it around on the fabric of her elbow length glove. "It looks stunning. Thank you, mother!" Rose replied, giving her mother a huge hug.

Much to Mrs Hawthorne's annoyance, she was the dress shop owner who was fussing over the finishing details of the dress fitting. She had her wand out and was making it fit perfectly to Rose's body. "Less hugging, please. You've still got your hair to do. Who's doing it for you?" she asked, pulling the lace for the corset body as tight as she could. Rose tried not to lose her cool when she spoke to Mrs Hawthorn, as she was the only dressmaker in the Holt that knew what design she wanted, firing her was not an option.

Rose inhaled, as the strings made the outfit even tighter sucking in her post-baby belly, "Lux... Princess Lux is doing my hair, she's due any minute now"

Mrs Hawthorne shot Rose a look in the mirror, "but she's not a qualified hairstylist? And she's one of those gothic types?"

"No, but she is family and she asked. I will not begrudge her a chance to do something she wants" Rose replied matter of factly. Knowing that she'd been rude, Mrs Hawthorne stayed silent for the rest of the dress fitting. Aine was still stood behind her daughter and she tried her hardest not to chuckle at the sour face that Mrs Hawthorne had for the rest of her time in the room. When Mrs Hawthorne left, Lux appeared.

"Sorry, I'm late!" Lux apologised. Both Rose and Aine both looked at Lux stunned. She was wearing a daffodil yellow dress with matching shoes, the most amount of colour that either of the ladies had ever seen on Lux before. Aine was lost for words.

"You look beautiful!" Aine told her girlfriend.

Lux blushed, "Say's you!" admiring Aine in her emerald power suit.

Rose sat down on a stool, preparing for Lux to wave her wand and do her hair but instead, Lux got out a large bag and did it by hand. Making Rose's hair into a tall beehive shape with crystals to decorate and finish it off with a tiara. Rose watched her sister in law be, take the time to do something by hand that most in the Holt wouldn't have, Lux was talented.