Nice To See You Again.

(Nathan's POV)

        As we head down I give one last attempt to go back to pre-Tom, "I didn't even get to see yours, let alone have some fun with it."

        Jay just smiles before saying "Oh, we'll have some fun alright. Just me and you, mate." he whispers. "Why are we whispering?" I whisper. "Because you were whispering, obviously." he says. "Oh." I reply. "Why are we still whispering?" Jay asks. "I don't know." I say regularly. We start to giggle then break out in full out laughter. 

        When we get downstairs everyone is looking at us except Tom who is lying across the table in an inhuman position. He is sobbing hysterically before yelling out, again, "My eyes!" I stare at my vans while I begin to make me and Jay a cuppa. "Good morning," Jay says over-cheerily. 

        "Awfully bubbly of you. Could almost say you're-- gay... with joy!" Max hysterically laughs bumping into Tom. In true Tom nature, he yells over-dramatically.

         "I can see how well I can trust Tom with my most personal secrets so you must know I slept with your mum." Jay says over his tea. I sit next to Jay and Seev, as Nareesha gives me her best 'you better not try to steal my man' look. I return the favour by giving her a disgusted look and a wink. 

        "What are you doing?" Siva asks. "Hmm, having eye wars with Nareesha, Why?" I respond innocently. "Alright, I say we stop avoiding the subject in front of us. We might as well just get it over with." Kelsey, Tom's girlfriend, speaks up from behind us.

        "Hello, Kelsey. Lovely way to greet each other, isn't it?" I say. "If you two weren't snogging last night you would have seen me!" She says pointedly. "I blacked out! there is no way I'm going to do anything hungover, including greet you!" I say. 

        "Are you two gay or not?" Max asks, clearly uninterested in the previous conversation. "Yes," Jay says flatly while I nod my head in partial agreement. Am I? Does sex with my best friend really make me gay?  

        "Are you dating?" Siva asks. But before Jay can say anymore I say "No, not yet anyway." And that's when I begin to plot the perfect date for the perfect soon-to-be boyfriend. And I'm gonna need some serious help which means making a mends with the mates. Excluding Tom, he still needs time before I can talk to him. 

        "This isn't going to affect our friendship, is it?" I ask tentatively. Rule number one for gaining acceptance is to be as vulnerable-looking as possible. "No," They all say. Well everyone but Tom who screeches, hopefully for the last time, "Me damn eyes!" but nods anyway.

        "We're sorry this caused as much upset as it did, but what me and Jay do will not affect our relationships with you all. And we promise not to be weird, creepy perverts, right Jay?" I announce. "Absolutely," Jay agrees.

        "Besides we don't like you all or we wouldn't be together, sort of." He adds sounding bummed by us not dating. But I can't just date someone after hooking up for one night. I'm going to blow him away. It's the least I can do for him.