||02: Some Rain, and Some Blood.||

Third Person POV

Flashback, Five weeks earlier

"Fine, you guys win." Will exclaims in defeat. "Congratulations." He throws off his purple hat and matching robe he had on before onto the floor. "Will, I was just messing around." Mike Wheeler explains to his obviously frustrated friend. 

"Let's finish, for real, how much longer is the campaign?" Is what Mike tries to finish saying to Will, but is quickly cut off. "Just forget it, Mike!" Will shouts at the other boy. He's quickly packing his things, trying to leave Mike's house as soon as possible. "No! We wanna keep playing, right?" Mike tries to hint to another boy in the room, Lucas Sinclair, to have his back on this one. Lucas has never been the greatest liar, meaning he is absolutely horrible at it, but tries anyways.

"Y-yeah, totally!" Lucas stutters through his blatanly lies, everyone in the room knows it. "We'll just call the girls afterwards" Mike added, poking at the fact that Lucas and himself have been obessing over the mistakes they've made surrounding their girlfriends, entirely ignoring will all day.

"I said forget it, Mike! Okay?" Will howls, louder than before. He was feeling betrayed, ignored, and overall unwanted. He just wanted to leave before things get out of hand. He heads towards the stairs. "Im going home. Move!" He shoves Lucas out of the way, and storms out. Mike follows him, meeting him outside on his front porch, glistening and wet from the roaring storm. 

"Will come on, you can't leave, it's raining." Mike tries to reason with Will, the storm only pouring harder in front of them. Will of course doesn't listen. He stands his bike up, and gets ready to ride off, hoping the taller boy would stop pushing, and let him leave. As always, he does the complete opposite. "Listen, I said i was sorry alright! It's a cool campaign, it's really cool! We're just not in the mood right now." Mike tries to explain to his upset friend, but somehow manages to upset Will even more with this one line. "Yeah, Mike, thats the problem. You guys are never in the mood anymore! You're ruining our party!"  Will spits at his friend.

"Thats not true!"

"really? Wheres Dustin right now?" Will asks mike, reminding him of how they left him the day before, and haven't seen him since. Mike's face is suddenly full of shock, realizing he hasn't given his curly haired friend a single thought. Theres a short moment of scilence between the two. "See? You don't know, and you don't even care. Obviously he doesn't either, and I don't blame him. You're destroying everything, and for what? So you can swap spit with some stupid girl?"  Will  questions Mike, anger dripping from his mouth with every word he says.

"El's not stupid!"

"It's not my fault you don't like girls!"

---

Will leaves his thoughts, feeling ashamed and guilty.

It's not my fault you don't like girls.

Will can't help but obsess over the words of his friend. Did the brown eyed boy really mean it, in the way he thought he did? If it wasn't for the fire hydrant Will was about to ram into, he probably would have thought about the fight all the way home. He then plummets down to the ground. He feels the pain shoot to his arm, and the burn of his knees sliding agaisnt the concrete. Knees red, and right arm bleeding. "Oh my freaking god, why the hell does this have to.." The scratched up boy mumbles to himself, all the way home. 

It starts getting dark, and Will realizes he hasn't check the time at all since he left. He checks the watch on his non-bleeding arm, and sees that about two hours have already passed, and it's now 6:01 pm. He jumps back onto his bike, and scurries home, knowing his siblings would be worrying about him by now. For some reason, deep down, Will knows he doesn't want to go home. He doesn't want everyone to pity him, he doesn't want to be asked a million questions, and he doesn't want to hear Mike's voice anymore. Sure, they made up after the fight, but Will somewhat fears that they only made up, to save each other from the paranormal tendencies that were currently occurring.

Will reaches his big, new house that he has already tried to abandon, not even three weeks in. Slowly but surely, he makes it to the dark wooden door, and fumbled with he keychain to find the copper key that accompanies the door. Finally, it unlocks, and he hesitantly opens it. The first person he sees, is the more unexpected, and unsettling person.

Joyce is pacing back and forth in front of the doorway, her hands running wild through her brunette hair. Shes supposed to still be at work until seven, but came home as soon as she was called about her missing son. The woman's brown orbs widen as she finally has sight of her son. "Will Byers, where have you been? We've been so worried about you! My god, you're all scraped up." the worried mother rambles on, grabbing ahold of the soaked boy by the shoulders, his clothes drip harder onto the tiles with the tighter grasp of his mom. Will notices El standing in the kitchen, chewing on her lip, and his brother, Jonathan, standing up from the couch he was once sitting on. A frown creeps apon the gloomy boy's face, he furrows his slim dark eyebrows. Knowing exactly what he didn't want to occur, was bound to happen.

"Enough! Guys please, stop treating me like I'm some baby! I am fourteen years old. I've been through hell and back! I can handle some rain, and some blood." Will snaps at his family. Once he realizes the upset, confused faces of his family, his mistakes are clear. Guilt flashes across his face. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. I've just had a bad day." He tries to push off what just happened, heading towards his room. Joyce quickly grabs ahold of him once more. "Hey? You know you can talk to me whenever. I'm your mom, not a monster. I want to help you when you need it, okay?" Joyce states softly. "I know mom, thank you. But really, I'm okay. Like I said, it's just been a rough day." he replies. "Okay, I love you" His mother said. Will winces slightly at the last three words, remembering El's conversation earlier. "Yeah, I love you too."

Finally, Will feels free to roam to his room. He felt that freedom for about four seconds, until El's voice of honey spoke up.

"Mike wants to talk to you."

---

Finally hit 1100 words in a chapter. Sure it's not much, but it's something a new writer can be proud of lmao. Also why does mike wanna talk?? ;)

-Lexi
7/12/19
3:50 am