Impetus

Daniel leads Jaakko to the shower.  He marvels at the heated water on demand coming from the spout within Danyeel's ship. After showering to remove the scent of sex from their bodies, Danny remembers to wear a blue shirt and blue jeans to keep up the appearances of a shaman, lest the others begin to think ill thoughts and do away with him as the monks on the island. Jaakko fondly watches his love interest intently as he shaves, smears his underarms with a balm of sorts, and renews his scent with a splash of aromatic liquid, the one that makes him crazy for sex. He must wait however for the proper time and if Danyeel fights well, then there will be no consternation for future coupling.  

He had to worry himself with Iohann, however. He was a brash oaf of a man. How he was chosen to lead their raiding party was a mystery. His poor mother maddened by his father's abuses and now she must obey her idiot son. If it weren't for the secrecy of abuse to his mother, he would have been given over to Helviti by now. It is certain he will never grace the halls of Asgard with his lacking display of heroism on the battlefield. He cowers behind the protection of the troop and encourages them to engage the enemy without lifting a sword himself. Danyeel may prove the impetus to rid the settlement of Iohann once and for all. I will lead the warriors, take his mother as my bride and enjoy the property she controls, and have Danyeel on the side. With enough land to farm and store food for future children and Danyeel's protective magic, he could take the king's seat one day.  

"A penny for your thoughts," Daniel interrupts Jaakko's contemplation. 

"What strange request is thou asking?" tentatively inquires Jaakko. 

'Nothing in particular. You just seem to be far away in thought," Daniel remarks.

"Nothing for thee to be concerned," reassures Jaakko. "We need to reboard the bridge for my comrades return." 

"I'm not looking forward to that to be honest Jack," Daniel admits remorsefully.

"No need to worry. Thy will protect thee from Iohann," heartens Jaakko. 

After returning deck side, Daniel witnesses the ultimate in carnage and horrific history playing out in front of his eyes. Men dressed in long black robes being pulled along harshly by their Viking conquerors, barely distinguishable from mud and blood spattered about them. The captives thrown or pushed aboard roughly and fall soundly into the ship's cavity. Summarily, they are bent over the long rows of benches within the hull. Their holy garments yanked above their waist so that their captors may sexually defile them at will. Each of the shipmates took turns laying waste to each prisoner in a massive violent rapine. 

"They don't have to do this to them. They could free them to fend for themselves. They do not deserve this degradation, this unmanly humiliation," 

"They violated our maidens, women, and children without mercy!" emotionally exclaims Jaakko. 

"Does this make your people any better or just like them?" counters Daniel. 

"Please do not tempt thy ire, for thou must be taken in similar fashion as my fellow warriors purloin these Christians' virginity," Jaakko cautions. 

"Resisting such temptations.. Not doing as others do, proves you more of a man than following the actions of others," Daniel dissents. 

"Ye do not understand! Thou's hand doth this for thine own safety. If you are judged an Ergi as thy incompetent leader Iohann proclaims, ye must fend for thine own food and shelter. It is June, time of planting the crops for harvest. Thou will not survive unless under thy protection," Jaako reproves. 

While Jaakko pushes Daniel along the length of the ship to Jaakko's station, blasphemies are sputtered from the lips of a monastical prisoner being mounted by Iohann, "Ye filthy dog full of abominations! Ye will be tortured by the raging fires of hell forever and ever!!!!"