41

I continued to eye him in disbelief as he took the courage to step towards me. How can he be Taehyung? Taehyung's gone. I've been with his soul and not to mention we are standing right in front of his grave! My mind refuses to believe what he said but it seems like my heart began giving in the moment I saw him closely. He places the umbrella that I didn't notice he was holding above the both of us as I looked up at him.

God, he's even more gorgeous up cl-- Shut up, Y/N!

"Let's get out of here, yeah?" He mumbles looking just as nervous as I am. I am in daze as I follow him to his car.

"I'm going to wet your car." I whispered.

"It's just a car, Y/N. We don't want you getting sick now, do we?" He asked. I sighed and gave up eventually. My mind was battling with my heart while he leads me to his car. I shouldn't be trusting him to take me but everything about him screams home. Everything about him reminds me of Taehyung.

Slowly, we trekked towards a black Audi. He opened the door for me and the air conditioned car immediately sent shivers down my spine. I waited for him to get settled as I rub my arms to get some heat. The next thing I knew, he was placing his coat on top of my shivering body. Upon doing this, his fingertips touched the skin of my shoulder nearly making me sigh at the contact. I looked up at him to find him leaning over the console, staring at me with a pained expression. It didn't took me too long to fall into his stares as his pupils dilate after my own. His jaw moved as he swallowed hard.

"You still look like an angel, Y/N." He whispers cautiously. My eyes fluttered as my ears melt at the sound of his voice. He seemed to snap out of his daze as his eyes widen and avoid mine awkwardly.

"U-Uhm. I'm s-sorry." He cleared his throat and went back to fixing his seatbelt. As he was driving, he was explaining everything to me. How he wasn't dead but just in a coma. How he is protected and taken care of by the same Kim Seokjin that I worked with. I can hear everything but I couldn't process it.

"I know it's hard to believe but I'm willing to do anything to make you believe me." His solemn voice pleads as I remain in my silence.

I just watched him silently from the passenger's seat and so far, my observations were doing nothing on helping me identify who this man really is. The clumsy way he moves reflect my Taehyung. The only difference is their appearance but the resemblance is undeniable. His hair is just like Tae's, soft and framing his face well. His lips were almost a deep shade of pink. His brooding chocolate colored eyes darted towards the way we're travelling making me envious of how he stares intently at it.

I watched his every move. Every flick of his eyes, clench of his jaw, and every move of his hands. I never wanted to miss a thing. I'm afraid that once I blink, he'll be gone just like before.

"You're staring." I watch colors rose from his pale cheeks as he stated.

"You just look so real to me." I whispered as I clutched his coat around me, trying to subtly sniff his scent.

"I am real, Y/N. And I'm willing to prove it to you." He announced that we are here making me look away from him. We're here. At my place. He knows it?

"Ofcourse! Anyone can do a research about where I live." I argued with myself.

He walked me to my door and I was hesitant to ask him to come in. Should I trust him? Should I listen to him even though it's impossible?

"You've probably had a tough day at work. Go ahead inside and wash yourself up before going to sleep, okay?" I heaved a sigh as I heard his deep voice. That's something Taehyung would say. He'll never miss out an opportunity to take care of me. "I'll get going now. Good night."

Before he could even step away, I let my doubts fly away and decided, fuck it.

"Hey, uhm. Wait."

"Hmm?" He hummed and turned back to me with his eyes wide as if surprised that I talked to him.

"Would you like to come inside for a tea, maybe?" I asked. I didn't miss the glint of happiness in his eyes and the excitement it showed. Right then, I saw how a full grown man grin like a kid in a candy store.

"Really?" I watched as his eyes slowly disappear and a boxy smile registers on his lips. I nodded and he almost skipped his way inside. Once we entered my flat, I notice a wave of emotions flash in his eyes as he took a deep breath. "I-I missed this."

I just gave him a smile, still reluctant about believing him. I led us both to the kitchen and prepared the hot water as he sat on the spot he used to always sit. I noticed the frown in his face when his feet touched the floor. He actually looked frustrated that he can't sway his feet like ghost Taehyung does and it makes me smile. He's so much like him. He suddenly looked up at me, catching my stare and grinning up at me. I rolled my eyes playfully and turned on the stove. I saw his figure flinch and I suddenly realized something.

He has a phobia with fire.

"O-Oh. I'm sorry. I.. I completely forgot." I was about to turn off the stove when he stopped me.

"It's fine, Y/N. I'm trying to get over it." He said. I nodded and moved towards the stove, blocking it from his view. Suddenly, an overhyped dog stepped inside the kitchen and barked making the equally excited man infront of me jump off his seat to gather my dog. "Yeontan!"

"Hello, little guy." He gently purred and picked up Tannie. My dog surprisingly warmed up to him right away and licked his knuckles. "How are you? God, you've grown so quick!" He continued talking to Yeontan as if it would answer him.

Fuck, it makes me want to believe he's really Taehyung. It messes up my head and I need to know answers. Now.

"Can we talk?" I asked as I placed his mug of tea infront of him. I remained standing in the aisle and crossed my arms.

"Okay." He said, setting Yeontan down. "Mummy wants to talk, Tannie. I'll play with you later."

I bit my lip to suppress my smile. Goddamn it! How can he be so cute?

"What are we gonna talk about?" He asked innocently and it took everything in me not to jump out the distance and kiss him.

"Who are you?" I made my voice stern.

"I'm Taehyung, Y/N. I'm Kim Taehyung." The name slipped out of his mouth casually like he owns it. Well, maybe he does.

"I-It's hard to believe that. You know, when we're standing on his grave a couple of minutes ago." My voice wavered.

"I've explained everything to you in the car already, didn't I?" He argued.

"Obviously, I wasn't listening." I slapped my forehead and pull at my hair mentally. I should have but he's too distracting!

"I can repeat all of that for you." He implied. I hate to say this but, I still can't trust him a 100%. I need something to show that he is indeed my Taehyung.

"No, that would be something easy to make up." I muttered. Sadness crossed his eyes as his lips slowly pouted. He looks like a lost puppy. "I want you to tell me something."

"Anything, Y/N." He immediately replied.

"Tell me everything you remember about me. About us."

A/N: The ending is almost here! Thank you for the love!