CROSSHAIRS chapter 1

John is sitting on a mountain right now. It is raining and muddy. It's very dark and the only noise is the soldiers at the bottom of the hill. John is a sniper for the us military. He is supposed to keep the soldiers in the bottom of the mountain safe. He uses a barrett 50 cal one of many sniper rifles. He sees an enemy approaching. The enemy seems to be holding an AK-47 a very strong assault rifle. The enemy doesn't spot john he doesn't have his heat seeker on. John relaxes waits for the enemy's head to be right in the middle of the crosshairs in his scope...then fires. The enemy goes down and dies on the spot. You did good mark says when john reaches the bottom of the hill. That enemy was about to shoot the general if he would have they would have won. John's general likes to fight on the front line like johnny and his other soldiers even if he could die and they could lose. So john mark says when do you think this war will be over id give it two months. Is that gonna be a bet mark says sure 20 bucks deal. Alright everyone we need to move the general says john helps pack the tents and food and they start their journey back to the base. That night john thinks about the bet he put on how long the war was going to last. Oh god i hope i don't lose i dont think i can go much longer than two months. Lets just hope for the best. John wakes up and tells his buddy mark to wake up. Mark it's time to wake up we need to clean the base. Mark is tired but agrees. They both go to the base cafeteria and eat breakfast then get to work. The next few days they spend fixing up the base. Hay john you need help says mark no im fine john says. John was working on a cracked window. I'm gonna half to bust it and put a new one in john says. Hey guys says davis another good friend john's has the general needs us. All of the soldiers meet in the base lunch room. We are going to war tomorrow the general says. No one will be in a sniper position we need all of you on the ground. We can't risk losing all of are ground soldiers so john we need you on front line like everyone else yes sur. If we win this we get to go back home for two months. No let's get some sleep the general says we have a big day tomorrow. That night john and mark talk before they sleep. I hope nothing happens to you mark says to john. I hope nothing happens to you either bud they go to sleep.