She stares at him from behind her glass, her eyes sparkle with amusement as she watches his every move. For the first time in his life Tom feels intimidated by another. Her beauty and aura astound him. It feels like a dream. The kind you never want to wake from. With delicate hands, she picks up her glass gracefully and takes a sip. Tom's hand tightens around his third glass of whiskey as his eyes linger on her lips.

"What brings you here love?", he raises an eyebrow slightly as she places the glass down.

"Well what did you come here for Tom?", she counters, grinning as her hand cups her chin as she leans her elbow against the bar. Tom smirks at this and leans in closer to her.

"I asked first (Y/N)". A soft giggle tumbles past her lips, her eyes squinting slightly as she laughs.

"I came for a drink, and also to people-watch, now your turn", she smiles up at him, a hint of nervousness gleaming in her eyes.

"People watch? What do you mean by that?", his brows furrow together slightly, a teasing smile resting on his face.

"Uh-uh, it's your turn to answer my question. I'll answer yours when you answer mine", she sits up straight, hands moving to her lap, that radiant grin that causes Tom's pulse to quicken, remains on her face. It's his turn to laugh and he does, a soft deep chuckle that vibrates through her chest, causing goosebumps to arise on her skin.

"I also came for a drink", he crosses his arms comfortably across his chest.

"Rough day at work?", she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Uh-uh, it's your turn to answer my question", he smirks at her after repeating her words back to her. Her smile never leaves her face as she shakes her head slightly.

"Alright alright, you wanna know about my people watching?". Tom nods as he gazes at her, eyes locked on hers as he listens intently.

"I like to watch people. Well it's more like observing. Watching sounds creepy. But I like to imagine the lives people live and what they could be thinking or feeling at that moment", her eyes no longer gaze into his. In an attempt to avoid his gaze, she stares at her hands in her lap, a little embarrassed about admitting something so personal to a man she has just met. Tom uncross his arms and leans them against the bench of the bar.

"I like to observe people too, I'm very good at reading people". Her eyes dart back up to his, a relieved smile now resting on her face.

"I don't think I'm very good at reading people, I prefer to make it up". Tom grins and scans the room.

"Well show me how it's done, make up a little story about someone". (Y/N) looks around the bar before her eyes land on a middle-aged woman sitting alone at a table closer to the back of the room. She's nursing a glass of red wine as she idly twists the ring on her finger. Tom catches her gaze and smiles slightly.

"What's her story love?".

"She's a widow, that's why she's playing with her ring like that. And she's drinking wine alone, so she seems sad, but that kind of sad you only see in people who have really seen some shit. She probably lived a crazy life, on the run from police with a boyfriend or something like that. They probably robbed a bank. Maybe they got married without anyone knowing as her family hated him", she nibbles on her lip excitedly, nodding as she gazes at the woman. She takes a sip of her drink before she continues the scenario she has just made up.

"The husband most likely died tragically in a shoot-out with the police, and she was so heart broken she never loved another" Tom grins at her, completely enthralled by the way she speaks and how quickly she was able to come up with such a story.