birthday surprise ‣ k. kiermaier

requested by @sleazymendes !
she's really sweet, so go give her a follow;)

the sunlight peaked through my curtains as my eyes fluttered open.
my instincts naturally led me to turn over and see if kevin was awake, but he wasn't there.
usually i would wake up with his arms around my waist; but that wasn't the case today.
had he not realized it was my birthday?
i mean, yeah, people have forgotten my birthday before; but i expected my boyfriend of one year to remember.
maybe i was overreacting, but i was just pretty upset about the situation.
i got up and slipped on one of his tee shirts and a pair of nike pros, leaving my hair in the messy bun it was in.
i rubbed my eyes, still tired from the week i had.
traveling with kevin was exhausting; especially trying to get used to time zones.
i walked out of our room into the kitchen, at least hoping he would be out there.
nope; there was nobody there.
i sighed and checked the kitchen counter for a note- but once again, there was nothing.
i checked my phone to be flooded with happy birthday messages from my family & friends.
at least they remembered.
i walked over to the living room; turning on the tv and leaving on MLB network.
i knew for sure that kevin had a night game, so he shouldn't be at the field this early.
i didn't know if i should just start cooking breakfast, because i didn't know he was coming back.
i didn't have a clue as to where he was, and that worried me just a little bit.
no, i'm not an over protective girlfriend, nor have i ever been, but he's never gone in the morning unless he has a day game.
to say this was unusual was an understatement.
i shrugged and walked over to the kitchen, figuring i'd start making myself some oatmeal.
"hey babe."
i look over at kevin as he walks through the door.
he had on a white tee shirt and gray sweatpants.
"don't bother making breakfast, i can cook if you want me to." he walks over to me and pecks my lips, wrapping me in a hug.
my eyebrows furrowed- he definitely forgot what today was.
"uhm, ok sounds good." i give him a fake smile.
"where were you?" i ask, genuinely curious.
no, i didn't think he was any place bad or doing something he'd regret- i just was confused about this whole situation.
"just went to the grocery store." he shrugs and starts to pull out the waffle maker.
i nod my head and watch him, wondering if he was gonna say anything soon.
kevin was always so thoughtful, and he had never done anything like this before.
it gave me a weird feeling; something was up.
"wait. i feel like something was today." he looks up in thought, crossing his arms- making his back muscles flex.
damn.
"me too." i mumble quietly.
"i forgot something." he leaves the kitchen and walks back out to the garage.
i had no clue what he was doing or what was going on.
this was just so weird and unfamiliar.
kevin had always been the best boyfriend ever.
about a minute later, he walks back in with flowers and bags in his hand.
he has a big bouquet of roses; and three bags to be specific.
he walks over to me and hands me the flowers; setting the bags down on the counter.
"happy birthday baby, i love you so much." he chuckles.
"oh my god, i love you too." i laugh as he pulls me in for a hug, his strong arms wrapping around my frame.
he kisses my forehead, then my cheek, then up and down my jaw. he then moves to my neck, then up to my lips.
he sure knows what i like.
"did you think i forgot, brie?" he laughs, placing a kiss behind my ear.
"of course not baby..." i trail off, eventually laughing with him.
"i got you a few things." he winks and motions to the bags, and i shoot him a huge grin.
"kevin that looks like a lot of stuff; you really didn't have to."
"anything for my baby girl. i love you honey." he smiles.
i eventually take everything out of the bags.
he had given me my favorite candy, a new pair of shoes, a pretty ring from kay jewelers with his birth stone on it, a new watch, a custom made denim jacket that had his number and last name on the back, a new perfume, and some jewelry.
the last thing in the bag was a sterling silver necklace that said "kevin" on it.
he leans over to whisper in my ear.
"i'm giving you my first name until i can give you my last, baby." he winks and pulls me in for a deep, passionate kiss.
"thank you so much, kev. this is crazy; i've never had any one get me so much. thank you for everything baby."
he smiles as i kiss his cheek.
"i also have another gift i could give you, if you want it, of course." he winks, and i can see his eyes turn a darker shade of blue.
"i'd be happy to receive that gift." i wink as he pulls me in for another kiss; one thing leading to another.

i'm sorry this is so cheesy guys 😂