Dusk Till Dawn

(Jasper's Scene)

It's been four weeks since my brother Erasmus death, and since then I haven't been able to hold down a single drop of blood. However, Valentine's arrival hasn't made it any easier on me. There's been guards posted in every corner of town. Making it almost impossible for anyone to enter or exit the village without thorough examination.

While staying hidden many of us were forced to feed on rats in order to stay alive. The lack of nutrition that the rats carry in their bodies won't be enough to control our hunger. The thought of the whole town being massacred by bloodthirsty vampires and painting the cobblestone streets with innocent bystanders. Would be the start of a cold war and our very own distinction by the hands of a legendary swordsman Valentine himself. It sickens me that I have come so low by eating rats and trying to hold down the blood for comfort.

" Hey Jasper!" Yelled Tobias.

" Keep it down unless you want all of us to be killed!," I said agitatedly. Tobias isn't exactly my friend but he isn't no stranger either. His red spiky hair makes his emerald green eyes pop out when he's angry.

" It's your damn brother's fault that we're all in this mess in the first place!," Tobias said angrily.

" Leave my brother out of this or else!," I threatened.

" Or else what... are you going to turn me into ashes to?!," laughed Tobias.

" If you weren't such a redheaded bastard with no soul I might think twice before killing you!," I teased. Then without warning Tobias wrapped his right hand around my collar and pinned me to the brick wall. With his face only a few inches from mine. I could feel the passionate anger he felt towards me making me feel small and insignificant.

" I think it's a little too late for that," answered Tobias. This redheaded bastard has a score to settle with you. Come with me!

" TOBIAS ARE YOU MAD!?," I asked. The sun isn't all the way down yet at this rate we will get caught! Where are you taking me? With Tobias hand still wrapped around my collar he pulled me into an what appeared to be a banded barn. Letting the door shut behind him he let go of his firm grip and threw me into a old pile of hay. I could smell something rotting in the air as I got back to my feet. That's when I noticed a whole herd of cattle rotting below me. Tobias what have you done?

" Jasper meet my new friend," commanded Tobias with a soft grin on his face.

" Hi Jasper I'm Sebastian I'm glad we finally meet," he said happily.

" Tobias you bastard you lead the humans to us!," I yelled. The human who calls himself Sebastian has short dirty blonde hair and brown eyes that are full of shit!

" No need to panic Jasper I'm here to give you an offer and nothing else," explained Sebastian. Your friend Tobias here only finished the end of his bargain.

" Bargain what bargain!," I asked angrily. Sebastian's clothes looked old and torn into shreds he appeared to look like a poor villager. What could he possibly offer me that I would give a time of day for.

" Sebastian here promised me a few cows to eat as long as I brought you to him," said Tobias.

" You ratted me out for a few measly cows!," I yelled. That explains the rotting cattle I saw earlier!

" Hey I was tired of eating rats every day this was an upgrade!," yelled Tobias.

" YOU BASTARD!," I yelled. I should have killed you when I had the chance! I trusted you dammit!

" It would be fun to watch you both kill each other, but the fun will have to wait," laughed Sebastian. My ruler named Balthasar Ultima would like you to join his cult to help him capture Princess Serenity. In return he will free your fellow comrades as Erasmus and you had planned from the beginning. To help reassure you that your brother didn't die in vain.

" Why does your ruler Balthasar want Serenity?," I asked.

" Serenity was a Goddess who was born in a human child in order to fulfill a prophecy to restore humanity," explained Sebastian. She was born with eternal life that runs through her veins. Which would explain why your brother turned into ash after drinking her blood. Vampires are the undead that live their life as immortals for the rest of their days. Drinking blood from the living in order to keep their soul less bodies alive. However, if a mortal were to drink her blood they will stop aging and possibly cure any illness that resides in them.

" So you're leader and this cult that you're in can use it to be more like us?," I asked. If that's the case why don't I just change you myself? If mortality is what you're after I can give it to you, but it comes with a price. You're soul of course that's if you're willing then all is yours.

" This is why Serenity is vital to us you see," explained Sebastian. If we were to drink her blood in return we get to keep our souls and live a long prosperous life!

" I understand... but if Erasmus couldn't resist Serenity's blood and capture her," I explained. Then why would your ruler Balthasar think that I can?

" Your brother was a good friend with Balthasar and your brother always had faith in you," explained Sebastian. If he didn't trust in your abilities as a friend and a brother. He wouldn't have asked you to help him capture Serenity in order to free your friends. The only question is do you believe in yourself like your brother believed in you?

" You won me over with my brother believing in me," I laughed. So when do I start?

" Balthasar was right into believing in you!," smiled Sebastian. We start now!