Jotaro | Embrace

Darkness...

Despair...

Emptiness...

It consumed him completely. He felt trapped. Mind, body, and soul.

Every time he was surrounded by these negative feelings, his heart ached. It was a pain that he could never shake off, never be rid of. It made him want to scream yet the sound was always lodged in his throat every time he tried.

It felt as if his life was slowly being erased, piece by piece.

How he yearned for this agony to end.

Then, amongst the surrounding darkness, a bright light would appear. The encompassing cold would be instantly erased from his body. Enraptured by the sight, an unknown yet nostalgic melody would flow from within the light, curling around him.

His gaze instantly focuses on the silhouette of a woman. He could not see her face nor hear voice yet he knew the melody present was of her doing. As she neared him, her arms opened up to pull him into a comforting embrace.

Questions plagued his mind.

Who was she?

What was she to him?

Why did he constantly dream of her?

He never understood the satisfying feeling of being within her embrace, but he knew he never wanted to let her go.

But, what he's come to learn is that all good things must come to an end.

The warmth of her embrace slowly begins to leave and no matter how tight he holds on, wanting to keep her close, it proves to be pointless.

He reaches for her, urgently, insistently, just to have her back at his side.

Why? Why do you always leave?

He finds himself mouthing for his voice fails him. Yet in return for an answer, he is only given silence.

Drowsiness settles over him, but he tries to fight it. He pushes his body forward, still reaching. The motion is futile as she slowly moves away from him, his soul crying out.

Weak and tired, his body begins to succumb. The last thing he's able to see is her eyes, vibrant [e/c] eyes filled with immense sadness, sadness he wished he could take away.

The sudden boom of thunder jolts Jotaro awake, his heart thumping loudly in his chest. His green eyes were hazy with sleep as he ran a hand across his sweaty face, an exhausted yet quiet sigh escaping his lips. "I need a shower," he mumbled as he throws off his blanket and gets out of bed. Blinking to rid the remainder of the haziness from his vision, he heads to the bathroom. In a matter of minutes, he was in the shower, the hot water running along his muscled frame. One hand was pressed against the cool tile, his eyes closed in thought.

He had that dream again.

The same dream that has haunted him for as long as he could remember.

Repeatedly.

As much as he wishes to forget about it, he couldn't. It was almost as if his mind or even his very soul was trying to tell him something, but what, he didn't know. He wanted answers yet he was unable to receive them. He even went to his grandfather for help, but the old man proved to be a lost cause.