Chapter 26: Ninjaball Run

Song Quote: Running In The 90's
"Running in the nineties, is a new way I like to be I'm just running in the nineties come on baby run to me We are running in the nineties, is a new way to set me free I'm just running in the nineties yes I wanna know, yes I wanna see"
~~~

Third Person Pov:
"Focus" Sensei Wu told Lloyd while pouring himself a cup of tea.
"In order to bear the fate of Ninjago on your shoulders... you must first learn to bear the weight of all of us."

The boy only grunted in response straightening his arm as he held himself in a upside down position supporting his teachers and sensei on his feet.

"Literally" (Y/n) muttered from the sidelines glancing up from one of her many books. The girl glanced at Lloyd with an unreadable look of concern. Lloyd was struggling to bear the weight of the world that will only grow heavier with time before inevitably crushing the green ninja. 

(Y/n) didn't intrude on their lessons out of respect for her allies. That doesn't mean she isn't going to question some of their methods though.

"Uh, Sensei, I'm starting to think this was a bad idea" Jay voiced to Wu warily as their formation wobbled.

"Yeah Sensei, he's just a kid" Cole agreed with a growing worry for the little guy.

Sensei Wu took a sip of his tea as he assured his students "In order for him to succeed, we must all put trust in each other."

(Y/n) looked up as a wrecking ball swung at the window shattering the glass. "Look ou-" she managed to get out as she barely jumped out of the way landing on her knees. The others yelled in surprised as they fell on top of one another.

"What was that?" Cole groaned sitting up amongst the broken glass and debris in the air. The midday sun flooded the room as the particles dispersed revealing two figures with orange hard hats.

"Everyone okay?" Jay hissed as he forced himself up earning some disgruntle groans in response.

The contractors gasped spotting civilians were still in the building. "Uhhh..." was all they could say for potentially endangering them. The two were scratching their heads hoping this project won't turn into a lawsuit.

Dareth rushed into the room frantically stopping the workers. "Whoa, whoa!" he shouted distraught at the state of his dojo. "This wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow!" 

(Y/n) checked Lloyd for any injuries helping Jay to his feet sending a glare at the contractors.

The contractor scratched the back of his head "Tomorrow? Let me see that order" He grabbed the paper from his partner reading it to himself. After reading the document properly this time he chuckled to himself. "Oh yeah, my bad. Sorry about that, we'll be back in the morning" The contractor apologized before leaving.

Once they left the brown ninja noticed one of his trophies at his feet. It was bent as the handle and he could only sigh deeply wiping the dirt off.

"Uh Dareth, what is this all about?" Cole asked interrupting the brown ninja's gloom.

Dareth finally turned facing everyone explaining "Well, I fell behind in some of my payments and some development named Darnagom enterprises is buying the entire block to put in some stupid frisbee gold course."

He continued shaking his head "They say if I don't come up with fifty thousand by tomorrow, the dojo is gone." 

"We can negotiate with them" (Y/n) spoke coming up to the brown ninja holding a box cutter that was left on the ground. She rolled the blade out making a sound as her words came out more threatening than she intended.