Horseshoe Overlook

POV-(Y/n):

This was it. Our last few moments in Colter. The train job was a success and we were getting off of this damned mountain. Corrin and I had just finished up packing up our stuff in her wagon. It's been a while since I've been this excited to see what happens next. We weren't completely out of the clear yet but we at least have a little breathing room now. Hopefully Hosea can find someone out there to buy those bonds, only he can flip (literal and figurative) gold without making a sound.

     I closed my journal and put it back in my satchel since I could hear Grimshaw bitching in the background. That's all I need to start this trip out, getting tongue lashed by the camp labor leader.

     Grimshaw: Oh for Lord's sake Mary-Beth, put that book away and go help!

Arthur rode up.

Arthur: So we getting outta this hell hole?

Dutch: We're gonna try, weather seems stable.

Hosea: And we just robbed the Leviticus Cornwall train.

Dutch: We got money in our pockets, the worst is behind us gentlemen! So the question is, where now?

Hosea: I know this country a little. I told you we should set up camp in Horseshoe Overlook near Valentine. We'll be able to hide out there no problem as long as we keep our noses clean.

Dutch: Well then, let's go! Clean noses and everything else. Arthur you're in that one, bring Hosea. I know you two like to talk about the good ole days and what's gone wrong with old Dutch. Corrin and (Y/n), you're both in your's just ahead of their's.

     Corrin and I got up onto the wagon and like that; we rode. We were all like a fully synchronized machine as we rode along in a caravan. It moved at a slow but steady pace, and progress increased as the snow got shallower and shallower. The land over here is absolutely gorgeous. I always enjoyed traveling and this was no exception, especially since I had a girl I loved and people that I (mostly) trusted.

A little while ago Dutch had sent Micah and Lenny ahead to scout a bit. It's an.....unusual combination choice but I'm not saying anything. We were now riding up on a small river that lead to a waterfall. I slowed the horses down and we successfully crossed the river. The convoy continued moving forward.

     Corrin: Wait.

     (Y/n): Until you're sure Hosea and Arthur cross?

     Corrin: How'd you know?

     (Y/n): Because you're just sweet like that~

     I playfully poked her nose like she does to me and kissed her on the forehead. We both then heard a commotion from behind us as Arthur and Hosea crossed.

     Hosea: Get us out of the stream. You gotta keep us moving but calm.

     There was a cracking sound as the back left wheel broke off and that quarter of the wagon fell to the ground, making a loud thud!

     Arthur: Ah Shit!

     Hosea: Okay...let's take a look.

     Bill called out from ahead of us.

     Bill: You alright back there?

     Arthur: Does everything look alright?

     Javier: Well, what's going on?

     Arthur: I broke the goddamn wheel.

     Hosea: Alright, let's get it fixed.

     Javier: You need help?