Locked

All of a sudden there was a knock at the door.
Edmund jumped violently as Peter instinctively drew his sword.
"Who is it?" Peter asked warily, hearing Edmund's heavy breathing from behind him.
There was a sigh from outside the door followed by an unimpressed answer of "Santa Clause."
Edmund breathed a sigh of relief at hearing his older sisters voice. Peter did too, sheathing his sword and walking over to unlock the door.
Once Susan was in the room, she frowned at her brothers. "Is everything alright?" She asked at seeing the still scared look on Edmund's face.
"Well-" Peter began, but stopped.
"What's wrong?" Susan asked quickly.
"We sorta - well we-" Peter sighed, he didn't want to scare his sister, that was all. But he knew that she had to know. "We saw- saw-"
Susan sighed when Peter stopped again. "Who did you see Peter?" She asked in frustration.
"The white witch." Came a whisper from the bed.
Susan looked over to her little brother, eyes all of a sudden going wide.
Peter bit his lip, hating hearing Edmund's voice wobble whenever he said her name.
"The - the white witch?" Susan said, voice tight.
Edmund only nodded in reply, not seeming to be paying much attention to his siblings. "We saw her." He mumbled, staring out the window to the woods. "In the woods."
"Did she see you?" Susan asked, turning back to Peter.
Peter shrugged. "We don't think so." He replied.
Susan nodded slowly before turning back to Edmund, who by now was trembling again.
Peter bit his lip as he walked over and sat beside him, making him jump.
"Hey." Peter sad softly. "It's me."
Edmund stared at him for a moment before buring his face into his older brothers chest. Peter took a deep breath as he wrapped his arms tightly around Edmund, seeing Susan sit on the edge of the bed, a scared, worried look on her face.
Edmund was still trembling, and Peter was beginning to really worry.
"Ed listen." Peter said, hoping to calm him down a little bit. "It's going to be alright."
But Edmund continued to tremble, not saying anything in reply to his brother.
"Peter's right Ed." Susan whispered.
"I-" Came Edmund's choked voice.
"You?" Peter questioned, out of instinct feeling Edmund's forehead. "Ed your temperature." He said. "Do you feel okay?"
Edmund continued to shake, shaking his head. "I-" He said but the stopped.
All of a sudden he broke free of Peter's grasp and ran into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.
"Ed?!" Peter said worriedly as he ran to the closed door. "Ed are you okay?"
There was a gasp from the other side of the door, before Peter heard a loud thud. Susan ran up behind him, an equally worried look on her face.
At hearing the thud Peter's heart skipped a beat. "I'm coming in." He said before turning the door handle. But the door was locked. "No." He whispered. "Crap!"
"What's happened?" Susan asked worriedly.
"I think he threw up." Peter muttered.
"Then why isn't he opening the door?!" Susan said, panicking.
"Because he's passed out!" Peter said, fumbling around with the door handle. "Ed come on!" He called. "Wake up!"
But there was not a single noise coming from the other side of the door.
"This door isn't going to budge." Peter said.
"Then how do we get in!?" Susan said, breathing quickening.
Peter thought for a moment. "I break the door down." He said after a while.
Susan's eyes went wide. "Peter!" She shouted. "Are you mad!"
Peter turned to her sharply. "Unless you have a better idea!?" He snapped.
Susan's shocked expression dissappeard to a look of sadness. "You're right." She said. "The door locks from the inside and there's no other way to open it."
Peter nodded, backing away from the door. "Ready?" He asked his sister as she stepped back out of the way.
Susan nodded. "Do it." She said.
Peter took a deep breath, and then ran at the door. He hit it hard side on, causing the door to burst open.
Peter wasted no time in recovering, he spotted Edmund, and sure enough, he'd passed out.
He ran over to him, hearing Susan following.
Peter knelt down beside an unconscious Edmund, who by the looks of it had been trying to wash his face when he passed out. He noticed the spilt bucket of water, Edmund absolutely soaked from the contents of the bucket.
Peter sighed as Susan knelt beside him. "Let's get him into bed." She said. "And into some other clothes." She added, seeing how wet her brother was. 
Peter nodded slowly and picked Edmund up effortlessly off the floor. Then he carried him to his bed, laying him down before grabbing his pyjamas.
Once they'd got him dressed Peter pulled the blanket over him, resting his head against the pillows.
He sat on the edge of the bed, watching him.
"I knew something like this would happen." He mumbled after a while.
"What do you mean?" Susan asked from where she sat beside Edmund. She carefully placed his head on her lap, causing Edmund to let out a whimper in his sleep and bury his face into her stomach.
"I thought he was taking all this too well." Peter said sadly. "I should've known this would happen."
Susan sighed. "How could you of possibly known Peter?" She said softly, stroking Edmund's raven hair.
Peter shook his head, not taking his eyes off his brother.
"He knows that the witch is gonna come after him." He choked.
"Well." Susan said slowly. "That might not be true."
"I highly doubt that Su." Peter replied. There was silence for a long while. "I don't know what to do." Peter whispered, almost in tears.
Susan reached over and placed a hand on his shoulder. "All we can do Pete." She said. "Is be there, and protect him."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡