C.6-The Land

Deanna'svoicewascrispandsharpwhenshenextspoke.

"1, 2, 3, JUMP!"Andjustlike thatAvery'smindlinkwent dead.

AVERY'S POV

I felt fear cover my mind. All the fright I felt earlier was back in a flash. And I couldn't connect to Lucy via mind link. Everything had gone blank.

Without the feeling of safety beneath my feet made me puke.

"Ave! Gross!" I faintly heard Lucy shout over the roaring wind.

A hammering started in my head. A Silver Shifter skill. Lucy was trying to hack into my mind. Fricking private thought invader!

"I heard that Ave!" She said with mock anger. "Next time don't shut out your mind link! You know how much I hate hacking into my packs minds!

A buzzer went off. Then all I could hear was Lucy chant/shouting "SHIFT! SHIFT! SHIFT! SHIFT! SHIFT!SHIFT! SHIFT!!!!!!!!"

And all I could do was, as Lucy said; shift. An Alpha order is one thing I can't deny. Lucy is the only person I know who can deny an Alpha order. Fricking Silver Shifter powers.

I was brought 'back to earth' when my paws hit the ground with a thud.

I was just recovering myself from the shock of instant shifting when a thud landed on my head. My neck snapped backwards and a loud cracking sound was heard. Ugh!

I cast my eyesight skywards just in time to see a black object falling out of the blue air towards me. My hands shot up to project my face.

As soon as I touched the object I froze. It couldn't be what I thought it was. It really couldn't be!

But as Lucy hit the ground on bare feet a dreaded feeling washed over me. It was the parachuting equipment.

I held my breath at the sight in front of me.

There. Was. Lucy. Barely breathing and about to pass out.

"Arna!" I screamed as loud as I could; not caring that other people could hear me.

I never wavered my eyes one bit. Her chest was slowly rising in no rhythm and extra slow.

But I knew Lucy. She would fight until her last breath. This wouldn't be the last time I ever see her breathing.

A sound came from Lucy, so faint that if I wasn't supernatural I wouldn't of heard it. "Ave. This is not goodbye forever. Deanna. Sunlit."

Then she passed out.

I replayed her speech over and over again until it hit me.

Deanna, the flight attendant, was from the Sunlit Pack and she is trying to find the White Wolf. She had purposely given us a broken parachute.

That bitch!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: I hope u all like my update. And sorry for the swearing, but I felt like it needed it.😄

~CampBookLover~