Chapter 2: Date without Disaster

Damnit.... Kuro's mind buzzed with irritation. God, if only I weren't so stupid. The blue haired male silently transformed back into his small, feline body. A quiet tear rolled down his cheek, wetting his dark fur. He curled up and buried his face behind his tail. Forgive me, Mahiru.

Mahiru sat coldly on his bed. He was taking deep breaths, his heart was still pounding against his chest and he felt as if it would burst right out of its cage. The eve didn't know what to do. It was still broad daylight but Mahiru's mind was clouded with darkness. His hand clutched his chest and he bent over in pain. His heart was hurting him terribly on the inside. The eve replayed Kuro's words in his head. Was he really that oblivious? The brunette looked down on himself in shame and his eyes began to slowly close. 

"...I'm sorry Kuro.." The eve managed to breath out, but he was too drowsy to know if he ever really said it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kuro had been awake the whole time Mahiru was going through his mental breakdown. Little did the brunette know that Kuro had heard the soft words spoken from the eve before he drifted off to sleep. In his cat form, his ears picked up almost everything around him, and he was grateful that his master still cared for him. Kuro sat against Mahiru's door, feeling better about his outburst. Although now, a new sense of regret had kicked in and all Kuro wanted to do was run into the brunette's arms. Hesitantly, the vamp molted into his human form and opened the door to Mahiru's room.

For a second, Kuro forgot where he was. The eve looked so peaceful resting, his lashes were almost as long as a girl's and his rosy cheeks made Kuro blush. His brown hair lay in wisps across his forehead and Kuro instantly fell in love all over again.

"...Mahiru?" kuro whispered into the quiet room. There was no sound.

"You most likely aren't listening, but..." The vampire sighed and tried forming the right words in his mind.

"I'm really sorry." Mahiru's eyes twitched slightly at the sound of this, but he was unsure if opening them would be a good idea.  Instead, he listened softy to the vamp's words.

"You... you weren't ready for that and I appreciate your decisions. Today was special and it still is . I wanted ever so much to show you how much you mean to me but I screwed up. I always screw up. If I weren't so stupid I wouldn't have dragged it out like that..." Kuro bit his lip, the scent of Mahiru's blood was still on his tongue. Quietly, the vamp moved closer and leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss on his master's mouth. Mahiru, startled, opened his eyes. 

"S-shit! Sorry Mahi..! I'll just, I'll just leave!" Kuro started for the door but the brunette had grabbed a hold of the vampire's arm.

"...Don't call yourself stupid, you lazy lump of fur." Mahiru sat up . He wasn't sure how long he slept given that it was still light outside, but he felt better now that Kuro was alright. 

"It's called selective participation." Kuro smiled and sat down next to the other male, feeling a little more confident. "I know you don't want to go back into that conversation..." the servamp looked down. "But I...I really like you, Mahi. My instincts were feral, I wanted you to feel the same attraction. But I understand if you don't feel that way about—" Kuro's words were cut off.

"I like you too." Mahiru slipped his hand in Kuro's and he intertwined his fingers. The vampire's eyes widened. "You weren't the only one who thinks they messed up. I was scared because I didn't know what to do with my feelings. It's weird though right..? To think I'd fall in love with my servamp.." Kuro had to agree a bit with what Mahiru was saying. It's not exactly odd for the Servamp to love his master, but Mahiru was still very human, and he understood the eve's thought process now. 

"...I really appreciate it, Kuro. It's not that I'll always be unready, in fact nothing is stopping us from really being together. I'm just a stickler for order and I fear that I'll be the cause to a mess up." The eve said softly, squeezing the vampire's band.

"...Can I...Can I kiss you again..?" Kuro asked quietly, feeling a bit tense and out of place to be asking such a ridiculous request. Mahiru blushed and leaned in, reducing the space between them as they shared a passionate kiss. The brunette opened his mouth slightly, welcoming in Kuro's tongue. They mingled with each other until both males were tilting backwards onto the bed. The eve gasped slightly as his servamp nibbled on his bottom lip. They parted once for air but not soon after did Kuro chase his master's lips again. 

"...K-Kuro.." The brunette whispered, face flushed and his chest lightly heaving. 

"Do...do you want to stop?" The vampire looked concerned, hoping he hadn't ruined the moment between them. But all Mahiru did was shake his head "no." 

"For a lazy cat you certainly aren't lazy about this..." Mahiru teased as Kuro kissed his neck.

"Like I said before Mahi, it's called selective participation and I'm quite fond of participating in you." The blue-haired male winked and the brunette blushed instantly.

"J-jerk." The eve huffed and pulled Kuro's hair, bringing his head back up to Mahiru as they kissed again. The vampire smirked and he ran his hands underneath the brunette's shirt, pulling a few noises from him. Kuro ran a finger over one of Mahiru's nipples and the eve moaned into the kiss. By now the two were fighting for dominance as their tongues lapped against each other. 

"Are you...sure you're not being forced into this..?" Kuro  was full of sympathy and was willing to do whatever his master wanted. Knowing that Mahiru loved him was enough. The eve used this opportunity to flip their positions. Kuro blushed madly, eyes locked onto the brunette's. 

"Does that answer your question?" Mahiru tilted his head to the side innocently. "I'm not being forced at all."  Kuro wrapped his arms around the eve's neck and pulled him down. The two remained that way for a while, just cuddling and holding onto each other. 

"Hey Kuro?" The brunette broke the silence.

"Hm?" The vampire replied, his eyes were closed. 

"Today is special. I want to take you somewhere." Mahiru found Kuro's hand and held it tightly. This perked the interest of the vamp and his eyes shot open. 

"Does that mean food?" Kuro questioned eagerly as they both sat up. 

"If that's what you want." The brunette flushed softly as he watched excitement develop in Kuro's eyes. 

"I'll sit on your shoulder so I can avoid the boring walking." The vampire chuckled and leaned against his eve.

"Very funny kitty cat. Who's hand will I hold then?" Mahiru giggled back, amused by the tease. 

"We can go a bit. I want to...stay like this a little longer." The blue-haired male closed his eyes again.

"You sloth! You've slept over 14 hours today, let's go!" The eve tugged on Kuro's arm. The vampire groaned in response.

"If you be good we can have a little continuation of our scene tonight.." The brunette said in a seductive voice. Kuro's whole body shot up as he headed for the door.

"Fiiiine! Geez, you're always taking my relaxation away from me Mahi-chan.~!" The vampire wined. 

"Hey! Who are you calling 'Mahi-Chan??'" The brunette scoffed and started to chase his servamp out of the bedroom, laughing. Not long after we're they on their way to their first date.