15

i snuggled my head deeper into the soft pillow. i smelled the same cologne that had its arms around me last night. just then my eyes blinked open from feeling no more weight on my waist. i stretched while rolling over to see an empty space next to me. i felt my stomach twist, i wonder when he left. i stretched once more and got out of the bed. i wondered over to the bathroom and closed the door. my hands found there way to the white marble counter and pressed into it as i stared into my eyes in the mirror. i look like i had the best sleep ever, fully rested. a sigh escaped my lips, "oh god.." my head looked down. realization dawned on me, i somehow through everything i've been through, fallen for the mafia king. my fingers tightened on the edges of the counter, why was i so mad at myself. i turned on the faucet and splashed my face with water.

maybe if i forget about it they'll go away. my heart started to ache, i don't want these feelings to go away. my back stiffened when i heard the bedroom door open. i felt sweat drops form on the back on my neck. "sabrina," i heard tom call my name. a lump formed in my throat as i forced my feet to walk out of the bathroom. i pushed open the door more and there he was, folding up his black sleeves to his elbow. i leaned into the door frame and crossed my arms. "morning," i squeezed out. my heart was pounding in my chest. tom stopped rolling up his sleeves and let out a long breath. i felt my entire body stiffen up once i saw tom take steps towards me. i stood up straighter, tom wouldn't meet eye contact with me, he just put his hands on my shoulders. i could feel him shaking a little. "last night, uh, it was," tom stopped himself and pulled me into his chest roughly. after a second he loosened his grip on me and was hugging me tenderly. "i don't know- i'm not sure what last night was, but you make me happy sabrina." his voice was low and i wasn't sure he was intending for me to hear that but i did, and it made me weak in the knees.

tom pulled away and gently kissed my forehead before quickly turning around and heading for the bedroom door. "you need to get dressed, we're going somewhere." he said before slamming the door shut, i saw how red his cheeks were. i puffed out my cheeks and tried to fan my face off. my heart was beating seventy miles per minutes. okay, just head to my room, take a fast cold shower, get clothes on, and maybe by then i'll be calmer. i nodded my head and exited the room. tom and i made eye contact and we both quickly looked away. i shoved open my room door and locked it shut. a sigh left my lips and i went to start getting ready.

tom was staring out the window spinning a pen in his fingers. "hey," harrison walked up to him taking bites off of muffin. tom just nodded his head, still lost in thought. he was consumed with what happened the night before. tom knew he had strong feelings for sabrina and he knew that all he wanted to do was be laying next to her every night. he clicked his tongue and threw the pen on the small chair in front of him and ran a hand through his hair. "rough night?" harrison chuckled. tom sent him a glare causing harrison to shove another bite into his muffin. tom walked towards the little kitchen inside the suite and pulled out a water bottle. his eyes kept glancing at the door sabrina walked into a while ago. "so, the report from jared out there let me know about sabrina getting out." harrison leaned on the breakfast nook staring at tom with a confused smile.

"yeah," tom whispered still staring at her door. "something happen?" harrison leaned closer. tom felt the water get stuck in his throat and began to cough wildly. "why would you assume something did?" tom said in between coughs. "because, i also know how you chased after her, came back here a little after sunrise, and how she slept in your room." the smirk on harrison's face was vibrant. tom felt his ears heat up as he looked away. "so what, she- she was drunk and needed someone to watch her." tom tried to make a viable excuse. "okay, so why did she have to sleep in the same bed as you?" tom saw harrison glancing at him smugly, and it was starting to piss him off. "why the fuck does it matter! it was one night and it's not happening again! so fucking drop it haz!" tom snapped and slammed his water bottle on the counter top. "tom! when will you ever give yourself one god damn humane thing?" harrison stared directly at tom, but he remained quiet.