Chapter 5

I've never understood the whole concept of Math. Sure we need it for everyday life but all we need is the simple stuff like adding, subtracting and multiplication. Once you start learning algebra, and geometry and all of those other math class, I feel that it's basically worthless.

Simon sits right next to me in this class thankfully. Usually we spend the entire class period whispering and messing around, and then asking, wait what do we do?

"MonMon," I whisper giving him a tap on the shoulder. His head turns my direction, meeting my eyes. "Do you have a pencil I can borrow?"

Simon glares at me until he reaches into his backpack and pulls out a ratchet looking blue pencil. "Take this one"He says, throwing the pencil onto my desk.

The blue pencil scared me. The way it looked as if some witch had put a magical spell on it, made me feel uncomfortable. "I'm not using this." I mumble, and throw it back over to Simon. "I'll just write with the blood in my fingers."

Simons sighs taking out another pencil from his backpack and throwing it back over to me, "Come on Smartphone, I swear you ask me for a pencil everyday. Buy your own." He whispers.

Sure I could buy my own. It probably would be easier then trying to get one from Simon. But that would mean driving to Walmart, getting out of the car, walking into Walmart, and then trying to find the pencil and I'm not doing that during my special computer time. I haven't updated my wattpad for at least 4 weeks and people are starting to get angry. Not to mention all the funny posts I'm missing on tumblr.

"Thank you Mon Mon." I whisper and reach over to pat Simon on the head, "Your the best friend a girl could ever have." I smile and begin working. Simon really was my best friend. I've know him for pretty much my entire life. When I got chicken pocs he got chicken pocs when I broke the lamp, he took the blame. He was like an older brother to me, someone who would protect me no matter what and has been there always. I really did love Simon.

💻📱💻

"Come on Mathew we need to get to my place before dinner!" I scream across the parking lot at the boy who thought it was necessary to stop at the store to pick up my mother a little thank for inviting me present. When he first mentioned the idea I thought it was completely adorable that he thought of my poor mom, but when he took almost an hour, waiting in the car only made me cranky.

I didn't have to stay in the car, in fact Matt tried to get me to come with him, he even offered to let me ride around in the shopping cart, but I was busy on my phone.

Matt charges towards the car with a large shopping cart filled almost to the top. "OMG Matt! What is all this?" I ask, rummaging through the different shopping bags.

Each bag was filled with different types of flowers, candy, sweets and even a couple of movies, Romantic Comedies?

"I thought we could use this stuff for tonight!" He exclaimed, as he loads the different stuff into the trunk.

What on earth was he planning on doing, he had every type of flower known to man and possibly all the chocolate in the store. Plus the movies that he bought, were almost impossible for any male to like.

"I'm so confused?" I say, moving my hair out of my face. It was hot outside, around the end of spring. Usually when this weather comes around, it means summer is approaching, and boy how it was coming, and faster than ever. You see in Texas, our seasons are never really defined properly. We just have pieces of fall there, a touch of spring there and hey let's add some winter in there too, but at this 95 degree weather there was no doubting that summer was near.

"Wheres The Mon?" Said Matt, still using his strong arms to load the car.

That was the other problem. Simon, or as Matt calls him, The Mon, was with us as well. Sure it was no big deal, in fact I love the idea of being with Simon, but when you see him charging up the parking lot with 2 water guns, it's not exactly a good Idea. Simon has been banned from at least 3 Walmart's, 2 Targets and 1 Mall. He doesn't do bad stuff, he just does stupid stuff.