ONE - deadly foes.

CHAPTER ONE — deadly foes.
(SEPTEMBER 1ST, 1995 — hogwarts express)

          THE MORNING OF September first was welcomed by Josephine Dolohov

          THE MORNING OF September first was welcomed by Josephine Dolohov. Being quite honest with herself, she missed the halls of her school, Hogwarts, and couldn't wait to go back. More importantly, she couldn't wait to be out of her mother's clutches, who would not stop whining about Harry Potter getting off of his trial free of injuries — the constant whining was annoying.

Cordelia Dolohov is a Death Eater. Simple as that. She's cruel, hateful, and full of pure blood superiority thoughts — having a child didn't stop any of that either. Ever since Harry Potter had announced the return of The Dark Lord in Josephine's fourth year, her mother had not stopped talking about how excited she was for Josephine to join His ranks. "Just one more year, Josephine," Cordelia told Josephine just a day earlier. "Then you'll be as old as we were when your father and I joined."

Josephine's father is worse. He is a Death Eater too — a terrible one at that, especially since he was considered one of the most important ones. Ever since Josephine was a year old, he had been in Azkaban for his role in The Dark Lord's ranks, the murders of Gideon and Fabian Prewett, and for the torture of countless muggles and non-supporters of The Dark Lord. Josephine thought of him close to the devil himself.

Now, Josephine herself didn't want to compare herself to her father, but from what she had heard, she was exactly like him. Skilled in Defence Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Transfiguration, and Charms; she silently found pride in the fact that her father was just as brilliant as her, though she would never utter those words. Josephine could shut down her emotions so quickly, one would have thought nothing affected her — like her father.

Josephine was alike her mother in ways too, no matter how many times Josephine wished her mother would fall off of the planet. The Slytherin traits, cunningness and ambition, showed greatly in both of the women who always were one step ahead and always got what they wanted.

At this moment, Josephine was on Hogwarts train, making her way to the where all the Slytherins sat, trunk in one hand, cage in the other. Her owl, Beau, sat on her shoulder nipping at her ear every few seconds. Finally reaching it, she opened the door that separated two train cars and looked around until she spotted her closest friend, Draco Malfoy.

At the moment, Draco Malfoy was currently being attacked by Pansy Parkinson. He was certainly annoyed, Josephine could tell. Across from him, Valerie Fray sat — one of the only girls in Slytherin that Josephine liked. She was being bothered by Gregory Goyle.

Smirking slightly she made her way to the table. She stood right in front of it and crossed her arms over her chest. Squinting her eyes at Goyle and Parkinson, she spoke, "Go away. Now." The two looked at her, scoffing quietly under their breaths before moving away to a different table.