Lotta The Hero 1/2

Lotta the Hero

One day Dot & Lotta are playing hopscotch while Audrey sits off to the side reading a comic book with a giant grin on her face, once Dots turn is finished she goes over to see Audrey.

Dot:
Audrey you've been reading that book for an hour now, I mean are comics even that long?

Audrey:
Nope, this is my sixth time reading it?

Dot:
Sixth?! I can't even read my favorite novels that many times!

Audrey:
Just come look, you see it's all about Superman and how he saves the whole world by blasting bad guys and destroying property!

Dot:
Yeah I could see why that appeals to you.

Audrey cups her cheeks as her eyes get big and sparkly.

Dot:
I know that look, either I need to get the defibrillator or you've had another idea storm.

Dot stares for a moment.

Dot:
Maybe both.

Audrey:
Dot! What if we got our own Harvey street superhero?! She could have lasers that blast out of her arms or a sword that comes out of her brain or a cannon that slides out of her-

Dot:
Audrey that's impossible!! Cyborgs haven't been invented yet and we're basically already the superheroes of the block. Although, if the kids had a less human figure to look up to it might help them to feel safer from, say, the monster in the closet.

Audrey:
So we're doing it!?

Dot:
Sure why not, maybe it'll be fun too.

Audrey:
YES!! Building destruction here we come!

Dot sighs and tries to change the subject.

Dot:
So who will be the hero then? Wait, don't tell me.. its me isnt it?

Audrey:
Of course not.

Dot gets a squiggle frown.

Dot:
Why not?

Audrey:
Your a meek geek freak and I'm nothing but physique.

Dot looks annoyed.

Dot:
But I'm smart! Batman is only a hero cause he can make gadgets.

Audrey:
Wrong. He's a hero cause hes got muscles and friends who can make gadgets, just like I do.

Dot:
But-

Lotta:
Are we still playing?

They turn to see Lotta waiting patiently for Dot to come take her next turn.

Lotta:
Here, I'll throw it for you.

She tosses it underhand but overextends upwards launching it straight into the air and through the clouds.

Lotta:
Oops... sorry guys..

Audrey & Dot look at each other and nod in agreement,

Lotta:
Guys?

Later they're dressing up Lotta in a suit as she's trying to get the situation figured out.

Lotta:
So I've gotta be a superhero?

Audrey:
Yup.

Lotta:
How come?

Dot:
So you can be a symbol for what's right, and help people feel safe from their less realistic fears.

Lotta:
Well that sounds good...

Her ears begin to sweat.

Lotta:
I guess..

Audrey:
Relax Lots' with this hero suit you'll be the best superhero the world has ever seen.

Lotta:
But there aren't any superheroes in the world.

Audrey:
Shush! Just go look at yourself.

Lotta looks in the mirror and sees she's in a bootleg Wonder Woman costume that's way too small for her.

Lotta:
It's a little... tight.. and ugly.

Audrey:
It was either this or a pair of snugjamas.

Lotta:
Well if we need it I've got a costume we can use, I'll get it right now.

She goes into the next room and shuts the door for a split second before slamming it back open showing off that she's in her green bunny outfit making Audrey facepalm.

Audrey:
Lotta you can't wear that, it won't intimidate anybody.

Lotta:
Maybe I don't have to intimidate people, I can be more like Barney than Spider-Man.

Audrey:
You watch Barney? He isn't a hero!

Lotta:
Everyone is a hero when they wash their hands.

Audrey facepalms again and begins to say something but is interrupted.

Dot:
While you girls were debating I've made this.

She shows them a completely original costume, it's pink with a helmet attached like a hood and a green lightning bolt on it.

Lotta:
Um... okay....

Audrey:
You made this in the time we were talking?

Dot:
Well, I designed it for breathing underwater in case the HQ ends up in the lake again, but until I've got that working we can use it as a supersuit.

Audrey:
Awesome! What do you think Lotta?

Lottas ears begin to sweat quicker.

Lotta:
Yeah... perfect...... so what's my hero name?

Dot:
I think it should be AriLotta, named after the Greek philosopher.

Audrey:
Pffft! I say it's Lotta Terror! Because Lotta sounds like "lot of" so it means-

Dot:
You don't need to explain yours!!

Lotta:
Well um... how about just Super Lotta?

Dot:
A fine choice.

Audrey:
Works for me. Now let's stop some crime!