Chapter One

Song: All the Kids are Depressed/Jeremy Zucker

I stare out of the window of the car as everything around me disappears into the background. Everything about my life was being taken away from me, and there was absolutely nothing that I could do about it. Honestly, it was probably best that I was leaving. The burden of my problems wouldn't exist anymore.

"Quit sulking. This is the only way to help you." My mom says as she puts her eyes back onto the road. "I wasn't gonna take you. But I can't trust that you won't have another attempt while you're alone. Not anymore."

I rolled my eyes and just kept my mouth shut. I wouldn't be this opposed to her so called help if she cared in the first place. However, all I was to her was a burden and if sending me away meant not having to deal with me, there was little that I could do.

"Do you have to send me to an insane asylum though? I'm depressed, not crazy." She looked at me and shook her head. Something she did anytime she thought I didn't get to argue with her. "Is there really a difference. You tried killing yourself for the third time. And it's not an asylum. It's a small mental hospital. You'll get help and hopefully you'll get it together."

I turned my head back to the window and let out a sigh. That's the problem. She thinks mental issues are just excuses for people she deems unfit for society. In conclusion, she thought I was an attention seeker. If only she knew.

"You know, you're father wouldn't have wanted this for you." And the guilt tripping begins. "Can we not talk about him. He's not here anymore. You made sure of that." I felt a bit guilty telling her that, but then again, oh well. She looked at me and just shook her head. The feelings mutual.

"Look, you can complain about this all you want, but I have no choice. You put this on yourself." I continued looking out the window drowning out anything else she was saying. After another thirty minutes, the car stopped and I saw that we had arrived. I unbuckled my seat belt, and got out to get my things from the back of the car. We walked up to the door and knocked, waiting for it to open.

A man opened the door and greeted us with a smile. "Hello, I'm doctor Watson. Welcome to Watson's Manor.

------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for checking out the first chapter. Please feel free to comment on anything if you would like. Every chapter will have a song attached to it and I'll put the song name in the chapter. Hope you enjoy the rest of the book ❤