When Shadows Fall

Madi's POV

I woke up and stretched my arms. It's been two days since what happened in our last case. I got to see him shirtless! As friends though, no romance, yet. I hope Jack doesn't ruin things any further. He's already given Elliot one week to confess that he loves me. If he even feels like that. I mean, I do. Maybe today's the day I tell him. Perhaps I will. Unless he beats me to it. I smiled and got out of my nice warm bed. Hmm, what should I wear today? It might take a few hours to get there. I grabbed a black graphic tee with a bunch of cats on it. The cats are flying around in space. I like this shirt, it's nice. I then grab a pair of ripped grey jeans. A dark grey let's the color on the shirt pop or whatever it is. I take my pajamas off and then get dressed. I pulled my jeans on and my feet didn't go into the holes in the knees or other rips. I then put my bra and shirt on. I slip my leather jacket over my shoulders and I then walk to the bathroom. I do my morning bathroom routine and then put my makeup on. I put my eyeliner on and my eyeshadow. I smile at myself in the mirror, feeling pretty. I shuffled around and found my bracelets. I losely let them hang from my arms and walk out of the bathroom.

I grab my phone and stuff it in my pocket. I think we might leave for Italy today. I'm really excited. I am craving some spaghetti! I walked out of my room, happily skipping downstairs and to the break room. I wonder if I beat Elliot here? If I did, I guess I'm making the tea this morning. I mean, it would be nice to talk to him before everyone else comes. I walked into the break room and Elliot stood in front of the kettle, his back turned to me. I tip toed over to stand next to him. He turns to me, gasping. Did I scare him? I smile at him. Elliot's eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh god... you scared me! Don't just sneak up on me like that!!"- He says.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you... but I see that the tea is ready! Is it okay if I have a cup?"- I reply.

"Of course you can Princess. Just don't scare me again, alright?"- He replies, still not giving me a smile.

"I won't. And I'll take that!"- I replied, taking a cup of tea.

Elliot pours himself another cup. Oh, did I take his? He doesn't look upset though. I sat down at the table and he sat down next to me. I plugged in my earbuds into my phone and I smirked and began to listen to my morning wake up motivation song! Elliot looks at me and rolls his eyes. He sips from his cup, not taking his eyes off me. I quietly sung High Hopes. Elliot watched me and listens to me sing. I hope he doesn't think it's too bad. I mean, I might be off pitch. He rests his head in his hands. I think he hummed along. After the song ended I sipped from my teacup. We sat there in silence and we sip our tea. As everyone else walks into the room, I've finished my cup. Elliot was still sipping. Chief raises an eyebrow at the both of us. I smiled at her.
"I'm guessing you both are not packed?"- She asks.

"Oh. Um, no, but don't worry we can-"- I start.

"Nope! We sure aren't! But as soon as I finish my last sip, we'll head upstairs and pack up our stuff if it bothers you, Chief!"- Elliot says, interrupting me.

"Elliot, that was uncalled for..."- I whisper.

He smirked at me and sipped from his cup really slowly. I think he's doing it on purpose. Chief looks mad. I don't want to get in trouble! But, it was kinda funny. And he looks so cute when he smirks. After about two minutes of Elliot slowly taking sips from his cup and having everyone stare at him, he sits his cup down, returning his gaze up to Chief, still smirking.

I stand up and grab his hand. "And we'll be going now!"- I say.

He rolls his eyes and walked with me. "Yeah yeah... whatever."

I walked upstairs and to our rooms. I let go of his hand, blushing a little. I walked into my room as he went to his. I grabbed my black leather suitcase and opened it up. I grabbed all of my clothes and etc and threw it in my suitcase. I then walked into the bathroom and threw all of my makeup and bathroom stuff in there. I grab my phone charger and put it in there too. I smiled and zipped my suitcase up. I walked out of the room and Elliot was there waiting. He smirks.