3

PARK'S  NOODLE RESTAURANTAPRIL 5TH, 2016

PARK'S NOODLE RESTAURANT
APRIL 5TH, 2016

"My favorite grandson!" My grandmother exclaimed.

The savory smell of different dishes made my stomach rumble. This was my grandmother's restaurant and it's been open since my mother was eight years old.

I walked up to my grandma and gave her a big hug. It's been forever since I've seen her. I wanted to thank her for buying me my dream camera but she was always busy.

"I missed you dearly my child," she said. "Look at how tall you've grown. Did you receive my gift?" She questioned.

I nodded and hugged her once more. "Thank you so much grandma for buying me such a beautiful gift. But you didn't have to get me anything."

She smacked my arm gently and began to look at my features. "Such nonsense that you speak. I wanted to buy you that camera because I always knew how much you like taking pictures."

Her grey long hair was tied into a nicely bun and her makeup wasn't too heavy. Her wrinkles were covered by the foundation but I liked it better when it showed. She always looked beautiful no matter what she did.

"Please Jinyoung, please sit down. You must be tired."

She grabbed my hand and placed me all the way to the front. I sat down and played around with my phone.

"Luckily for you I made a delicious dish, sit here while I take some out for you."

She left in a hurry and the noises of people talking and the clanking from the plates brought me at ease.

The boys wanted to hang out again but I declined their offer. Maybe someday this week I'll check up on Youngjae because his dog was still missing.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt the table shake. My grandma came back with the food and I smiled.

"Eat up my child, you need to get bigger. That school is not feeding you well."

My mouth became watery as I took my chopsticks and slowly mixed the noodles. I said my prayers and started devouring the ramen.

I moaned in satisfaction but then choked when I heard a soft spoken voice ordering noodles to go.

I looked by my grandmother and I gasped in awe. It was Jules. She had her hair straight with a white flower sitting pretty on her head as an accessory. Her white sun dress defined her curves and her cocoa skin. She looked very different from the first time we met.

I was contemplating on whether I should go up to her but we only met one time and it wasn't that great. She probably thinks im a stalker.

I didn't realize I had gotten up and stood beside her until we made eye contact.

"Umm hi," my voice was low but still audible.

She smiled at pointed at me. She'd recognize me.

"You're the guy with the camera." She didn't say much after until she snapped her fingers.

"Jinyoung, right?"

I placed a thumbs up and my grandmother coughed loudly. "Your food is ready sweetheart."

Jules grabbed the bag and as she did I tried analyzing her face. Maybe once I get home I can fix the painting I drew for her.

She gazed at me once more before leaving and I sighed.