~Banana 49~

Look here, Eiji. I'm giving you the chance to go back to Japan while everything is still under control.

The more Eiji tries to brush the thought, the more it seeps in to his mind. So he has no choice but to face it head on.

"You've decided on a choice already, Eiji. You know what to do."

Casting one last glance at his reflection on his glass window, Eiji retires to his bed. For the first time in his life, the day feels like years.

Eiji lies flat on the soft mattress, staring at the ceiling and thinking about no other but Ash. Eiji could see Ash, and could even hear his voice calling his name.

"I miss you." He whispers, voice so pained and so lonely, before closing his eyes to finally slip away from reality.

**

"Eiji."

Eiji gains consciousness at the faint voice gently calling out to him.

"Eiji."

"Hm." He groans, slowly bringing his eyes open only to see a pair of sparkling ocean blue eyes fascinatingly staring at him.

"Good morning sleepy head." Ace lively greets as he tousles Eji's tangled locks of hair, smiling so widely that his teeth are now showing.

Eiji stretches his limbs as he spits out a groggy reply.

"Get up and let's have breakfast." A soft pinch reached Eiji's cold cheeks before the bed bounces off a weight, indicating Ace's leave. Eiji blinks his eyes, encouraging his body to move already.

Good morning, Ash. Eiji's chest throbs in pain knowing he won't be able to hear Ash's reply for a while.

"I'll be right there in a sec." Eiji hollers to Ace as he hops off his bed. He briefly stops in front of the mirror to fix his bed hair and quickly goes downstairs while pulling down the tips of his loose shirt that had rolled up during the night.

Eiji could hear the crashing sounds of waves as they hit the shore, gently brushing and pulling some sand with them as they retreat.

Ash.

"Eiji over here!" Eiji quickly flicks his head to his side and sees Ace lively waving at him, demanding for his immediate presence at the dining table. Once again, because of this guy Eiji is saved from drowning to the pain of missing Ash.

"You should eat all that. I went through the trouble of calling the most capable chef just to cook your breakfast. Better savor it to the very last crumb."

Eiji plops down the empty seat opposite from Ace's seat, eyes sparkling and mouth drooling as his appetite gets increasingly excited by Ace's boastful broadcast. The Asian takes a slice of the normal-looking sunny side up egg. As soon as the food lands on his taste buds, the boy got sent to the clouds. Briefly after, he starts attacking all sorts of food at the same time.

"How is it? How is it?"

"Mmm. Ish jush what I like ish to be. Eshtra shalty and yummy."

Ace can't stop but openly laugh at the different side of Eiji he is seeing right now. "I've never seen you eat that fast before." He remarks with a fascinated chuckle. Reaching out a hand, he pats Eiji's head.

"I missed your innocent smile, Eiji."

"Hm?"

Shit. Did I just say what I'm supposed to keep in?