Ch.35 - New Changes

27 weeks...

(Devyn)

After apartment hunting for several weeks now, we toured many.

Today, I chose to look at one last one see if this place would top the modern 2000's apartment.

"So what do you think of this apartment?"

"I like it. I just...."

My mother spoke up, "You want Xander to see it?"

"Yea...I do. But it just doesn't feel like home to me. I don't see us calling this a home."

I walked across the empty apartment to the window and the view was just horrible.

"Nope," I finally say.

We left the building because I wasn't pleased with this place all that much. The area was off, the place was pretty but I picked every small detail of that building.

"That apartment was beautiful."

I looked at my mom in death stares, "I agree with you. For once, I do. But outside of the apartment, the alleyways, huge no."

She nodded, "Okay."

I looked at her and then grabbed my phone realizing it was noon.

We headed back home and my heart was set on that one apartment from a week ago.

All I need to do was get with this owner and and figure out what our next steps are with Xander.

Soon, my Mother pulled in our driveway and we get out heading inside.

"I'll be in my room."

"Okay, sweetie."

I walked up the stairs to my bedroom and laid in bed. I grabbed my phone and called Xander.

"Hey, gorgeous. How was apartment hunting?"

"I think we should go with that 2000's modern apartment. It's a perfect size, the environment was gorgeous. I would love to live there."

He smiled and his eyes lit up, "I actually agree with you. The last one we saw two days ago was awful. But I'm assuming this one didn't blow you away?"

I shook my head as I laid on my back chewing on my strings of his hoodie I have on, "Nope. The apartment was pretty but in the location was sketchy."

"Oh, well, that's a big no."

"Exactly."

Xander was smiling through the screen as we FaceTime. He was sitting in his Dad's office eating with everyone.

"Dude, why would you do that?"

Xander grabbed a pen from the cup holder to his right and threw it at Derek, "Asshole."

He looked back on the screen, "I should have ate outside."

I giggled, "So what should we do about this apartment?"

"I'll give the owner a call, finalize some stuff after we get off of the phone. Then we can announce it to our parents that we found a place."

"I'm excited."

"Same here, Baby girl."

....

(Maria)

"Hey, sweetie."

Liam smiled as we spoke on the phone through FaceTime, "You look nervous."

"Because. My kids. They're growing up. Devyn is looking to move out, Zed is too. I'm nervous for you guys to meet. They're childhood was rough."