Chapter 3

"We've arrived at the Mall. Would you like to look around? "John asked politely.

He didn't look like a bad guy; he was tall (taller than me) with blondish brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a black suit I assume is his uniform.

"Yes.. Thank you. " I said as he opened the car door for me.

I looked at the sign in front of the building.

Moon Meadows Shopping Mall.

Moon Meadows? That sounds so familiar. It wasn't written in the file where I was from or anything but I couldn't remember where I had read that from.

I looked around at all the different stores and wondered if Elizabeth gave John any money for me to shop with.

"John, did Elizabeth give you any money for me to shop with? "I asked him hopefully.

"Yes.. She said you can buy whatever you want and if you ever need anything to tell her."He answered, giving me a wallet with 2 credit cards and a wad of cash.

"Wow.. OK.. I guess I could get a few stuff.." I said in amazement.

                              * * *

"A few stuff huh? " John huffed as he tried not to drop all 13 bags that were currently hanging on his arms.

"OK maybe I got a little carried away."  I confessed.

"A little...? "He asked gesturing to his arms.

"They were having a sale!!! "I argued. He rolled his eyes while struggling to put all the bags in the trunk.

It had been an hour of shopping and walking from store to store and during that time John and I kind of friends. We talked and laughed about random things.

I found out he's 20 years old and was assigned to this job just this morning so he doesn't know Elizabeth well.

We decided to get brunch at a nearby café.

When we walked in, the bell at the top of the door rang and I was immediately hit with the sweet smell of coffee. I might not remember a lot, but I remember coffee, well the smell of coffee, always gave me a homey peaceful feeling.

After we got settled in a booth, the waitress brought us the menus.  I don't really drink coffee so I ordered a short cake while John got the black coffee. She brought our orders shortly after. As John drank I asked:

"How can you drink that thing? "

"Have ever tried it? "He rose an eyebrow.

"No and I never will.. "I answered in disgust.

"It helps keep my eyes energy up. I don't really like either." He chuckled.

"So when can we go home? "I asked suddenly feeling time conscious.

"Um.. Elizabeth said to keep you out for about 2 hours. "He answered, looking at his watch. "Do you want to go now? "

"Yes please. "I replied.

"OK"

John paid the bill while I walked outside. Immediately I opened the door my face collided with a wall.

'That wasn't there before? '

"I'm sorry.. .I didn't see you there. " The wall apologized.

I looked up to see this wall was a guy with green eyes and blonde hair.
He was about 3 inches taller than me and as I looked into his eyes I felt a sense of familiarity and warmth.

That is when I realised that I had been staring( and possibly drooling) at him for about 5 minutes without speaking.
Awkward.

"Um.. Well OK then. I'm Aidan. "He introduced with a smile.

"I'm Charlotte." I returned his smile.

'Aidan. That was so familiar. Maybe I knew him before the accident? But then wouldn't he have recognized me? Or maybe the accident destroyed my face and they did plastic surgery and they changed my whole look? I wouldn't know 'cause before this morning I had no idea what I looked like.'

John chose this precise moment to walk out of the cafe and stare at the two of us.

" Um.. And you are?" John asked Aidan a little rudely.

"Aidan. I was just leaving. Bye. "Aidan answered and directed that last part at me. Accompanied by his award winning smile.

"Bye. "I replied weakly before John practically dragged me away.

"What was that all about?" John asked angrily when we got to the car.

"I bumped into him and he was just apologising." I answered truthfully.

"Whatever let's go." John grumbled, getting into the car.

"OK.."  I mumbled as I entered the back seat.

'Why do I feel like I know Aidan? Maybe I just feel that way because he was nice, sweet and warm? I don't know.'

John was silent  the whole drive back. And so was I. I don't get why he was acting so weird. I get he was the driver but not my personal bodyguard... Right?

As we pulled up in front of the mansion, I saw Elizabeth talking to some men in black with sunglasses and those radio communities thingies in their ears.

I think Elizabeth saw me because she quickly told them something which made them get in their car and drive off.

I guess she didn't want me around 'cause she had visitors.

They kind of looked like the Feds. And the same question I keep asking:

What just happened?

- - -
A/N -  Aloha peoples!  Here is another chapter. I just wanted to say that I don't drink coffee but a friend of mine does and she says she hates black coffee... So... If you like it I'm not judging those are just Charlotte's feelings and lots of people hate stuff before they even try it.

Oh  and another thing,  I don't have a fancy driver or anything so I don't know if there is an age limit; but this is fiction so whatever I say goes.

Don't forget to V. C. S. F!!!

Xoxo

-CC
- - -