6. "Do Not Touch The Weapon". Oops.

Yep. I got another chapter done in, like, two days or something. I did mention it was summer so I have time, right? Also, the fact that I don't have a social life helps. The plot is finally coming together! This chapter is a little longer, and even then, it's kind of rushed. I hope you guys like it??? Without further adieu, on with the story!

I waited for someone to yell, Not! but nobody spoke.

After a few moments, I managed to splutter out, "Wha—excuse me?"

"I don't know," Amara said honestly. "As I said, it's just a feeling. Yet none can remember her—strange, considering how almost every god had been present at Troy, and one of such high rank would certainly not be forgotten."

"So maybe your vision was wrong."

"That isn't a vision, Eden. It's a prophecy."

"Wasn't that poem the prophecy?"

"There are many different types, and indeed, a poetic prophecy is one of them, and arguably the most vexing, for its meanings are often clouded until the events themselves come to pass. That, however, was a vision prophecy—it usually means destinations, or an unclear past. I channel the powers of Apollo and the Fates, which works in interesting and mysterious ways, and I do not deny it can be frustrating." Amara ignored Apollo's offended look. "Unfortunately, sometimes even these meanings are out of my control. So I suppose that I know, Eden, because the Fates have told me so."

"So what, it's just an unclear past? How am I supposed to fix an unclear past? Build a time machine?"

"Well," Apollo interjected, "you'd be breaking every law we have to do that, so no. What's interesting though is that you had two prophecies; two, when most hardly got even one."

"Which is strange indeed," Amara agreed, "as there hasn't been a real prophecy in millennia."

I didn't know what to say to that, but she didn't hold it against me.

Still, how did none of them find it strange? There must've been something wrong with the prophecy, something they weren't telling me. Even if it was right, how were there no accounts of a female general during the Trojan War? Sure, the ancient Greeks could be misogynistic sometimes, but did that mean that none of them ever recorded her, if even just to mock her skill? Hundreds of thousands of people, and not even one thought to write even one careless line about a female general?

"Lord Zeus," Amara said. "Apollo. May I speak with Eden, alone?"

Apollo looked like he was about to protest, but Amara silenced him with a look, and he reluctantly backed down. Zeus disappeared in a flash of lightning as Apollo shimmered into golden rain once again before the two gods were gone, though their traces of power still lingered in the air.

When we were alone, Amara just sighed. "Apollo would never admit it, but the lines terrify him. The fall of the sun seems quite clear, though it's also clear that he is somewhat intertwined with your destiny. We were thinking... well, Apollo was thinking, really... perhaps this quest of yours... it would be best if he accompanied you." She grimaced. "Although I cannot say I approve, considering where you would begin your search."

"Why? Where?"

"Beware the fall into darkness," Amara recited. "I would assume it means the Underworld, and as for why, I'm sure you can figure it out."

"Because he's the sun god?"

"Well, yes, but it's simply because Hades' realm is the opposite of Apollo's domain in almost every aspect: light and darkness, death and healing. His powers would be weakened. Besides, as he is not an elder god, being so close to Tartarus would... Well, the chaos magic wouldn't be good for him."