Chapter 15

Yo Ri's pov:

I wonder how it went. It's been two weeks and Ji's acting like nothing happened. She started working full time at the coffee shop again. I'm happy about that... I should be... but why do I feel like it didn't end well between them.

Aiiisssh, this girl is driving me crazy. Why is she acting so tough?!?

"Ji Eun ah, gwaenchanh-a?", I asked. "What I mean is, are you really okay? Because if you're not, you know that you can take a rest, right? I'll take care of the shop whi..."

"I'm fine Yo Ri", she interrupted. "Don't worry about me okay? Everything's fine, really. I even feel better these past few days", she said, trying to reassure me.

Better? How can you say that to your best friend? I know how you really feel. You can't hide from me anymore. Just stop being so stubborn Ji. It's time you follow your heart.

Sung Gu's pov:

"Kyle! You're back! Dude, I missed you!", I shouted, hugging Kyle as he entered the office.

"Hi Sung Gu", he replied, tapping my back.

"So. Tell me how it went. Tell me everything!"

Kyle's pov:

I told Sung Gu everything. Not leaving a single detail behind.

"I'm sorry man. At least you told her everything you want to tell her", he said, comforting me.

Strangely, I felt relieved in a way. Of course I was sad that I couldn't be with her but at least, Sung Gu's right. All I wanted all this time was to find her to be able to apologize to her. To heal that wound that I inflicted on her. As long as she's happy... that's all that matters to me now.