5

Thomas' POV 

Walking out of Janet's house all the guys were quiet. I had grown up with the triplets and only 3 times in their lives have they ever been this quiet. The first time being when Laney got sick, the second being when she passed away and the third being right now. My parents were best friends with them and when my parents died in a car accident leaving me without anyone to go to... I was sent to live with them. I was a year older than them but we were best friends. 

"Hey John would it be okay if we went to the gym?" I asked as we got into the car. He nodded with a sad smile and quickly drove us back to our house a few kilometres away. Jack, Cole, and Conner quickly climbed out of the car and ran into the house. 

"I know they aren't happy Tom, but I'm so happy with her," John sighed looking at me with panic in his eyes. I nodded my head and shoved my hands in my pocket. What was I supposed to say, I've never been in this position. 

"They'll be okay," I replied with a shrug "The gym will be good for them." I pushed away from the car and made my way inside the house. Climbing the stairs two at a time, I knocked on Jack's door. He opened it and let me in. 

"How you doing?" I asked sitting on the edge of his bed. He shrugged and walked into his closet. He changed quickly and walked back out to put his socks on. 

"It's just a little much to think about right now, I know Mom has been gone for a few years but it just seems fast. I don't feel ready to have another person in my life like that," Jack answered after a couple seconds. 

"I get that, I'm sorry. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but maybe you should give her a shot. She's not going to replace your Mom, but she might be someone that you can talk to about things like your Mom. Think about it... she's a girl, she knows what girls are like. Heck she has two of her own." I reasoned. I know it's going to be hard, but it'll be easier for the other two once Jack accepts it. It may not seem like it all the time, but the other two follow Jack around. He has always been the most confident and the most outgoing. 

"I guess," Jack shrugged. "I'll meet you at the car." He stood up and stalked out of the room. With a sigh I stood up and made my way to my own room. I changed quickly into a t-shirt and a pair of shorts before making my way towards the car. Jack and Cole were already there and we were now waiting on Conner. He was always last. We have no idea what takes him so long, but he takes forever. I climbed into the driver seat of the Volkswagen golf R and started the engine. It started with a purr and we all sat and waited for Conner. 

5 minutes later we were on our way to the gym. The triplets still quiet. Upon reaching the gym the guys jumped out of the car and slung their bags over their shoulders. I locked the car and followed after them. When we got into the gym Jack had opened the door loudly and a familiar red headed girl's head snapped towards the door. Her green eyes looked surprised. My breath caught in my throat, she was so freaking pretty. I had noticed her when I was still at the high school. She was the starting point guard for the girls basketball team. 

"Hey Jade!" Cole exclaimed. He had always been the nicest out of the twins. She smiled softly before going back to shooting. She had pretty good form and she looked like she was barely trying. "Want to play 2 on 2 with a sub?" 

"If you'll have me," she responded softly. She rolled her ball towards her backpack and sat down in the middle of the key, waiting patiently for us to put our shoes on. We all quickly pulled our shoes on and tied them. Jack grabbed a ball from his bag and bounced it a couple times. 

"I'll start as the sub," I offered staying sitting. Cole nodded and walked towards Jade who had switched to laying flat on her back. 

"You guys are worse than girls. What takes you so long? You fixing your hair?" She sassed without looking at them. Man she had attitude, but she was so cute. 

"Very funny, you ready?" Conner replied sarcasm dripping from his words. She rolled her eyes and got off of the floor. 

"Always," she smirked "What are the teams?" 

"You and Cole. Me and Conner and Thomas," Jack replied passing her the ball. " You guys can start." Jade smirked and walked to the three point line. 

"You ready for this?" she asked Cole. 

"Oh you know it."