Tired

Joe Keery

Tired 

I was watching a movie alone in the living room, a warm fuzzy blanket wrapped around my body as I was laying on my side, my head resting up against the arm of the couch I was on. I was so engrossed in the movie that I didn't hear the front door open until it was slammed closed, making me tilt my head up towards the right to see Joe coming in, his eyebrows furrowed and a deep sigh exhaling from his parted lips.

I sat up, pausing the movie and checking the time on my phone. 1:15 am. "Everything okay?" I softly asked Joe, watching as he took off his jacket, hanging it up in the small closet located by the front door. He dragged his body over towards me, before plopping himself on the couch, laying his body on top of mine, his head against my chest and his arms wrapping themselves around my waist.

"I'm just so tired." He mumbled, letting out another sigh. "And stressed."

My fingers immediately starting running through his hair, slightly massaging his scalp as I did so. Joe didn't really like when others messed with his hair, but he always let me run my fingers through it, as he said it helped him calm down, saying it soothes him. I liked it though, his hair was soft. "What are you watching?" He asked, his eyes illuminating from the soft glow coming from the tv. I looked over towards the tv, seeing it was paused on Chris Evans, who was playing Captain America as I was watching Avengers.

"Same thing as always." I lightly laughed, still softly running my fingers through Joe's hair. He hummed, throwing the blanket I had around the both of us, before wrapping his arms around me again. "You still tired?" I asked as he nodded, yawning quietly. "Go to sleep then," I said as I drew random shapes on the side of Joe's head, soon hearing his breathing getting softer and slower as he quickly fell asleep, his hold around me still tight but slowly getting softer as he fell deeper into his slumber.

I smiled as I looked down at him, the creases he had on his forehead earlier from being stressed out now away, his lips slightly parted. I felt my heart filling up more with adoration as I caressed the side of his head, feeling lucky he was here with me. I loved him so much and I know he loves me just as much. I grabbed the remote from beside me as I clicked play, resuming the movie but this time with the love of my life wrapped around me.

Q: Do you like Avengers? If so, who's your favorite character?