Chapter 0

Link's pov

Link woke up.

He woke up and sat in the chamber, numb to reality for a moment.

Then the excitement hit him, he woke up to a familiar voice calling him.

'It must be Zelda, I must have passed out during my last fight, we won!' 

The pure joy that shot across his body, electrifying every nerve was almost unreal.

Climbing out of the chamber, he grabbed the familiar tablet that Zelda had tried to use but always seemed to fail in her hands.

'She must have found a way to use it since I'm in this chamber, I must have passed out again.'

Link opened the door, saw the chests that were left with clothing then ran out of the room, a smile across his face. The large door opened then he felt the warmth once more of the morning sun. Tears stung his eyes as he ran, ready to see everyone once more, ready to speak once more - the first time since his father died during the trials for the position as Zelda's guard. 

Those tears were shed, but not in the way he originally intended, it was out of agony.

Across the land, the beautiful sunrise was tainted by the beast of Gannon roaring over Hyrule castle, he must have sensed Link's awakening.

He called out:

"Zelda, this isn't funny am I suck in a dream?"

He called out once more:

"Zelda!"

He shouted until his voice was hoarse and raw, until his calls were nothing more than sobs and screams of agony:

"Urbosa, Daruk, Mipha, Revali what happened? Where are you guys!"

They people he cherished, surly they must be in their divine beasts, their kind aging slower than Hylians.

Surely...

He prayed this was the case.

His screams, his calls, no one answered back.

And he felt like it was his fault.

"Young man, are you alright?" A gruff voice asked, it sounded all to familiar but he couldn't pin who it was. His memory was just...

...gone.

With a nod of his head, he rose from the crumpled ball that he once was.

The only memory that clung to his mind, the only faint reminder he had of his past was a phrase:

"Link, stay safe after all...Hyrule needs it's hero."

Word count: 413

It's me, I have dove back into the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild fandom once more, and t his time I brought you ANOTHER gay story featuring Sidon and Link. I wanted it to start off with a beginning of sorts, to give this version of Link a truly human side (even though humans are the ancestors of Hylians...). In the game we see this robotic Link even when he awakens, slowly becoming the former hero of hyrule as you find the memories, but I wanted a different take, one that was more raw and this is it. You will find that this story is more raw and fueled by passion than my Revali and Link story.

I will update more frequently than I planned to make up for the reboot. Thank you for reading, I hope to see you in future updates! :)