10

Felix wrote his tenth and last letter before
exiting his room. He put the last letter under the
rest of them. He looked at them one last time
before closing the box. One too big for only
ten pieces of paper but it was still a beautiful box,
He smiled, put on his cap, shoes and went outside.
As soon as he went outside, the box in his hands and
phone in the pocket of his black jeans, he shivered.
It was way too cold to be walking around in a hoodie
but Felix didn't mind the breather.
He took the bus to the dance studio and gave them
his resignation letter.
He then proceeded to make his way to Woojin' house.
He put the box in front of the door and walked away.
When he came back home he slowly put back his shoes neatly
and made his way to the bathroom.
He took out the bottle of pills he had and opened it.
Before swallowing the pills he texted Hyunjin.

Hey, Hwang. How are you?
If you ask me then I'm fine thank you.
I kind of missed you, dude.
After the last visit you never
came by again.
You may be wondering what this is about,
and I just wanted to say, thank you.
Thank you for befriending me and
staying by my side for five years.
This is probably my last text to you.
Stay healthy and never ever stop dancing.

Then Felix scrolled down the contacts to the one with lots and lots of hearts. Minho.

Minho hyung. Baby. Darling. Gosh there's so
many more names I want to call you by.
oh well, i'm sorry, I'll keep this short.
I wanted to say two things before I left.
I love you and goodbye.
I realized that you never said goodbye to me
when you left our apartment. So I hoped that
you would come back. But you didn't. Why?
Oh, and please read the letters in the box.
They're from me.
And I understand it  if you'll throw them away but
if you do throw them. At least put them where
I'll be laying.
Bye hyung, I love you. Forget about me and move on.

That was it. Two simple texts and Felix would
disappear forever. He swallowed the bottle and
a few minutes later felt himself get dizzy. He fell
to the floor still keeping his arm on the bathroom sink.

Before drifting of to dreamland he heard the door burst open.
He looked up one last time and saw both Hyunjin
and Minho come rushing in.
"Don't you dare leave me, Lee Felix!"

and just when he said that Felix lost consciousness.
Soon after the two had arrived an ambulance came
and rushed Felix to the hospital. With Hyunjin and Minho in Minho' car driving to the hospital.

"I swear to god If Felix leaves me...I'll never forgive myself!" Minho started crying and Hyunjin told him to pull over.

"I'll drive."

When they had finally arrived at the hospital they walked up to the reception and asked for Lee Felix.

"He's still in the surgery, you can wait in front of the surgery-room." She pointed towards a specific direction.

Almost two hours have passed when a doctor came out. He took off his gloves and looked over at the boys. Now they weren't just two, Chan and Woojin had joined them.

"Who here is his guardian?" The doctor asked. And just when Minho was about to get up Hyunjin did it first.
"I'm his guardian. How is he?" Hyunjin was aware of the deathly stare he got from Minho but he knew the younger more and thought that it was appropriate for him to tell that small lie.

"He's fine and we managed to get out almost all of the pills he had swallowed. But, he's still not awake and we'll transfer him to a room, so I suggest you to wait or come back tomorrow to visit your friend."

"We'll wait." Minho has finally said.

The doctor walked away and soon after a few nurses came and took Felix to a room. One of them had stopped and turned to the boys.

"Hey, I was in the surgery and there was something that I noticed and I think that you would know of."
"What?" Minho said, though he didn't mean for it to come out that harsh it still did.

"This doesn't happen that often but I saw tears run down Lee Felix' face. Just thought that you might want to know that." She said and walked away, helping the other nurses.

"See, I told you. If only you didn't listen to Chan and went to talk to him again then this wouldn't have happened." Woojin mumbled.

"Who was the person that literally killed the poor guy with his glare?" Chan defended himself.

After a while of waiting the four guys went ahead and decided to look for Felix' room. They found it and even though all of them wanted to go in they decided upon themselves to only let Minho talk to the, sleeping, boy.

"God do I have the urge to hit you. How could you be so stupid?"
"Also I'm not gonna read those letters. I'll wait until you wake up and burn them with you."

Silence.

"Please wake up, baby. I love you." Minho didn't want to cry incase Felix heard him and was just pretending to be asleep.

"I'm going to go now, baby. And when I'm back tomorrow you better be awake. I love you."

Minho walked out of the room and was met with emptiness, 'they must've left' he thought and walked out hoping to every god he could think of that Hyunjin didn't take his car. But was soon met with the realization that he, indeed, had taken his car.

"I swear to god Hwang, the next time I see you, you're dead meat." Minho mumbled as he waited for a cab to pull up.

The next day had arrived a lot faster and Minho was so nervous. He took another cab to the hospital, cause Hyunjin was a bitch and didn't return the car in front of Minho' apartment, and sprinted to the familiar hospital room.

He knocked three times but deep down he felt like there wouldn't be a "come in" heard. But as he waited and waited he felt the hope slowly wash away.

"Come in." He finally heard in a voice that he had missed so much.

Minho flung the door open and was met with a wide awake Felix and a Hyunjin beside him.

"Oh. Minho-hyung..." Hyunjin said and felt his death near him.
"You're so, so lucky that Felix is awake or you would've been dead for real." Minho said as he hugged the younger.

The hug was returned almost immediately and both of them were happy.
When they eventually broke the hug, Minho playfully slapped the younger' arm.

"How dare you do that to me? Don't you know how precious you are? What if we hadn't arrived in time and you..." Minho didn't even want to continue that sentence. Felix on the other hand just looked down feeling the guilt wash over him.

"But hyung," Felix started "mm?"

"You were so handsome yesterday, you should wear that shirt a lot more."