Chapter 1

Beep beep beep

Virgil grunted and slammed his hand down on the small, beeping clock. He turned over, bed sheets rustling as he closed his eyes.

Beep beep beep

"Oh SHUT UP" Virgil shouted, turning and launching his clock against the wall in frustration. Growling, muttering curses under his breath, he kicked back his duvet and swung his legs over the side of his bed. Still growling, he stood up and hobbled through piles of clothes strewn on his bedroom floor. 

Virgil pushed the chipped white door of his bathroom open and trudged in, picking up his toothbrush from the stand. Brushing his teeth, he picked up some loose laundry from the floor and proceeded to put them on, toothbrush still in his hand. Casually dropping his toothbrush on the ledge of the sink, he spat out the toothpaste and walked out of the bathroom.

Sitting down on the couch, he rummaged between two cushion, retrieving the remote. The TV lit up as he pressed the button. He leaned forward and picked up his old purple pen and began doodling on his wrist. A storm cloud, some stars, and a variation of swirls and lines. He enjoyed doodling, it was quite therapeutic. His therapist had recommended it years ago when...never mind. 

Virgil flicked between channels, knowing he would probably end up watching the same show he always watched. He paused for a moment, landing on the news. He rolled his eyes. What preposterous nonsense was on this time?

"Married couple Patton and Logan Moral have discovered that their skin had been sharing the same markings since they met. Recently, Logan Moral acquired a tattoo and returned home to find that the tattoo had appeared on his husband's skin. Researchers looked further into this and many others claimed to have shared skin markings with their significant others, or with complete strangers. Scientists cannot explain this occurrence but many have labelled it as 'The Soulmate Effect'. Watch out for any mysterious markings such as doodles or tattoos on your skin."

"Hah! Fat chance! They probably just got the same tattoos and faked it! Ugh, you can tell people anything these days," Virgil laughed, rolling his eyes and flicking over the channel. But at the back of his head, a small feeling, a memory, was telling him it was true..

~

Virgil tossed and turned that night. Why wouldn't that stupid news story get out of his head! He cursed to himself, turning over onto his back. Hours passed and he just stared at the ceiling, deep in thought. How could that 'soulmate effect' be possible? People don't transfer markings. That'd be weird. He sat up, and sighed. 

"Oh, fuck it, I'm just going to do it."

He reached for his purple pen, which he had conveniently left on his bedside table and scribbled a few words on his wrist. 

'Hey, anyone there? '

Nothing. He sighed. Of course nothing is there, its all fake. He put his pen back and settled back into his bed, tracing his words with his fingertip, trying to sleep. A few minutes passed, just as he was about to move his arm, a faint scarlet word faded onto his skin.

' Yeah. '

He shot up, rubbing his eyes in disbelief. What! It's real?! He quickly grabbed his pen and wrote,

' Who are you? I'm Virgil. '

Shaking with a sudden nervousness, he looked at his wrist, anticipating a name in the blank space on his skin beneath what he'd written. And, like last time, a deep scarlet ink formed on his skin.

' I'm Roman. Roman Prince. '

............................................................................................................................

Authors Note: I hope you like the first part! I have a ton of ideas for this AU so I will hopefully update this soon.

 <3